Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exercise Your Mind 3/22

Posted by   + Show Post

A traveller comes to a fork in the road which leads to two villages. In one village the people always tell lies, and in the other village the people always tell the truth. The traveller needs to conduct business in the village where everyone tells the truth. A man from one of the villages is standing in the middle of the fork, but there is no indication of which village he is from. The traveller approaches the man and asks him one question. From the villager's answer, he knows which road to follow. What did the traveller ask?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this
He would have him point because which village he is from because the truthful person would point the truth and the liar would point towards the truth way because they are a liar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Oooh that weather question is a good answer. I'm gonna go with that.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Which Village are you from? The one he says he's from, he's lying about, so that's the village he needs to go to.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Hurray!

Quoting AzariahsMother:

He would have him point because which village he is from because the truthful person would point the truth and the liar would point towards the truth way because they are a liar.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I've noticed you are really good at these riddle and brain teaser questions.

Also, yes, this is the right answer! The honest guy and the liar would both point at the same village -- the honest one. :)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Which Village are you from? The one he says he's from, he's lying about, so that's the village he needs to go to.

AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
The 1st one I knew right away, but the 2nd one this 1 I heard before. I'm sure I dont know them all.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Also, yes, this is the right answer! The honest guy and the liar would both point at the same village -- the honest one. :)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to find ones that are completely new... I've been trying to post a variety, though! :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

The 1st one I knew right away, but the 2nd one this 1 I heard before. I'm sure I dont know them all.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My brain gets plenty of exercise? LOL. I'm full of useless information. I don't think it's useless, but that's the best way to describe it.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM
You are so smart :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Haha, I understand that feeling. Did you do Scholars Bowl in high school? That was the height of my useless information nerdiness... Now it's just restricted to Jeopardy in my living room. :)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

My brain gets plenty of exercise? LOL. I'm full of useless information. I don't think it's useless, but that's the best way to describe it.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)