Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 44 Replies

We just had St. Patrick's Day. We're about to hit Easter. Passover has already started. (We do both in our family). We've got birthdays coming up. Soon, it will be Memorial Day. Lots of holidays, eh? It makes me wonder how some of these holidays have come to be, who thought them up, who came up with the traditional way to celebrate said holiday...and then I discovered what today is: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day.

How cool is this?!?!?!?

I'll go first. If I had to make up a holiday, I'd make a Stuffed Cat Day. Celebrated by wearing yellow. There will be parades with stuffed cats (a whole line of Stuffed Cat Day wagons and such to ferry the cats can be launched). Card stores would carry cards and, of course, stuffed cats. It'll be huge.  Yes, this would be my kiddo's perfect made-up holiday.  The cat-obsessed child who is allergic to real cats has quite a few of the stuffed ones.

But for me, personally? Hmmmm, it would be tough. Maybe a This Weather Is Crappy and I'm Over It Day. Held in late February, early March. We all get off from work and school, and it's celebrated by hanging inside and watching "You've Got Mail" and other fabulous vege-out movies.  Or Clean Out Your Closet Day. Again, we all get out of work, but the kids have school...and we can clean out our closets without dealing with anyone or taking up a precious Saturday to do it. All stuff we don't want is donated to charities and shelters...this one could actually help a lot of folks.

Let's have some fun -- what would you make as your holiday?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Marek Uliasz

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have sleep all day ! and you wear your fav jammies !

beliteWeight
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM

i would begin my day with more of work out and enough of sleep past the work out session.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:11 AM

My holiday day would be something like... "dont do anything boring day" were we have to stay occupied all day and do fun fun stuff.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:12 AM

or "queen for a day day" lol... were I sit in front of the tv and everyone caters to me lol

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:13 AM

oh oh... "national day of appreciation"  we have to come up with something to say or do for someone else... all day long! :))

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:14 AM

"no shoe day!"  we get to walk barefooted all day ;)  hehe...

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Act silly day.No chores just be funny and laugh a lot

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol !!! A day were I can be a kid for the day and my kids could be the adult for the day so I can let them see how thy act.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Be lazy for a day

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Calories don't count day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)