The Friendliest Neighbor I Ever Had!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 22 Replies

Wanted to share this with you from my blog I don't remember if I did or not so here goes!

Picture

Meet Charles my neighbor!
I want to introduce you to my friend Charles the cat. Its a cat that belongs to my neighbors. She is my friend for sure. She comes to visit me a few times a week. She will knock on the door ( paw on the glass really) to let me know she is here and wants a hello. It seems she also knows when I am sad. There has been some hard times in my life the last few years. I have lost my mom , brother, grandmother and mother in law. Each time I was sitting in quiet reflection Charles would appear even if I had not seen her for days. She would rub on my leg and say hello and sit beside me for hours to comfort me. I would hear her talk to me in cat meows as if she was saying it would be ok. I do not have a cat or dog, but because of the love this cat brings me I feel as if I do. When I arrive home from a long trip or even a day out if Charles is out doors she will promptly come running over for a hello. She has layed dead mouses at my porch ( a cats way of saying I love you and thank you). She has chased mean squirrels from my gardens
She even has invited her self in my home with out me asking. If I open a door to get groceries in, she sometimes sneaks in and snoops around, rubs my leg and when she is done then waits by the door for me to open it and let her go home. I sometimes even slip her a tiny treat. 

I love my little neighbor & the company she brings! She is a little ray of sunshine in my day.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The cat is a girl! They thought it was a boy years ago then relized at first vet visit it was a girl but its name of charles stayed lol. They found it as a stray when they lived in another city.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

awwww sooo sweet I love cats I have two and I know the love they bring you !

This is Buddie(he got his name bc of his personality)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Very sweet share :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM
That's sweet I have 2 big dogs all the neighbors cats keep their distance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Awww! How sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Aww so sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

What a great neighbor!

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That's such a sweet story! Cats are so wonderfully intuitive! I'm glad you have such a sweet neighbor (and friend). I'm sure she feels the same about you.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Love the name!! I have two cats too... Tofu and Fin.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

awwww sooo sweet I love cats I have two and I know the love they bring you !

This is Buddie(he got his name bc of his personality)

Sophie4910
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Aww.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: