I'm A Fish Killer :/

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 28 Replies
I'm feeling a little guilty right now but only a little. We have a 100+ gallon fish tank and we only had 1 huge goldfish in it. When we were given the tank 2 years ago from DH's brother it had 3 huge fish (we I say huge I mean like the size of koi fish) & a large alge eating fish. Over the 2 years the other two goldfish died & recently the alge fish died. We got a new baby alge fish & the last goldfish kept attacking it till he finally killed it. So we had been talking about removing it (okay fine killing it) so we could get new fish, including a new alge fish. The tank has a good fliter system but it needs a alge fish to help since it is so big. Tonight was the school carnival & every year they have the goldfish bowl toss. We waited till near the end so we didnt have to carry them around all night. We were next in line when they announced on the PA that anyone in line would get a fish. The we hand them the punch card & all of a sudden everyone behind us starts rushing the booth (which I found very rude but whatever). I start to walk over to the tub where they were passing out the fish but because everyone behind us rushed they were out. I wasnt very happy. The lady told me it was okay because they had more in the teacher's lounge. I'm walking with her to the room that was right next to the booth & people overheard her & started pushing & crowding. Let's not forget Im a women with a cane!! She had them back up so I could get the little girls each a fish first. While she was handing me the fish another lady was setting bags of fish out on the table. I could not believe how crazy not only the kids but the parents were being over these fish. For a dollar you can go to the pet store and buy 10!! Anyhow, my other 2 kids were able to pick a fish too. Now we are up to 4 fish & was in line for the photo booth when they said they had a few more fish if anyone wanted one or another. My teen asked if she could get 1 more & I said sure. She came back & said "I was handed this" as she holds up a bag that had 3 fish in it. For a grand total of 7 new fish & I knew tonight was the night the huge mean goldfish was going to the big pond in the sky. So when we got home & after the little girls had laid down the teen helped me catch the big fish. It was to big to flush, we learned that the hard way with the 1st fish that died. So we put it in a bag & threw it in the outside trash. So yeah back to the point of this (way to long ramble lol) I feel a little guilty for being a fish killer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

LOL

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
The new fish are all settled in but my teen's fish, she chose to use the fish bowl & keep her 's in her room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Mandee you made me giggle!

We have a huge tank too and luckily no issues. We have a super cool shark in ours! (Fresh water about 3" long) enjoy your new fish and don't feel guilty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Whew!  What a night you had <g>
What are you going to tell the little ones what happened to the big one?
How cool on all the fish though .. fun.
Hopefully you'll get over it .. it's all good as you really allowed the new ones to live & be happy :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Awww glad I could make you giggle! Your shark sounds cool, maybe one day I will have a cool fish. Thanks for telling me not to feel guilty :)

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Mandee you made me giggle!

We have a huge tank too and luckily no issues. We have a super cool shark in ours! (Fresh water about 3" long) enjoy your new fish and don't feel guilty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Yeah my back is paying for the night but it was worth it to see the kids having such a great time. Plus the whole night only cost us $10. The little ones knew I was going to get rid of the big fish, just didnt go into details. If they ask I will tell them he moved lol. Im already feeling less guilty as I watch the new ones happily swim about.

Quoting hugss:

Whew!  What a night you had <g>
Hopefully you'll get over it .. it's all good as you really allowed the new ones to live & be happy :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM

LOL on he moved .. good one <wink>
Best stay in that chair all day tomorrow then <g>
Aww that is good about the new ones being so happy :)

Quoting MamaMandee:

Yeah my back is paying for the night but it was worth it to see the kids having such a great time. Plus the whole night only cost us $10. The little ones knew I was going to get rid of the big fish, just didnt go into details. If they ask I will tell them he moved lol. Im already feeling less guilty as I watch the new ones happily swim about.

Quoting hugss:

Whew!  What a night you had

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Thanks lol. I will be in the chair as much as I can tomorrow. I have a video influerencer thing I need to do but I will have Haley (teen) around to help.

Quoting hugss:

LOL on he moved .. good one <wink>
Best stay in that chair all day tomorrow then <g>

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting hugss:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss

by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad she will be around to help :)

Quoting MamaMandee:

Thanks lol. I will be in the chair as much as I can tomorrow. I have a video influerencer thing I need to do but I will have Haley (teen) around to help.

Quoting hugss:

LOL on he moved .. good one
Best stay in that chair all day tomorrow then

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting hugss:

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM

oh no lol! But I guess one fish death is better then the 7 he would have killed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: