- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1. Place first 6 ingredients, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 tablespoons syrup in a pan. Bring to a boil; dissolve salt. Cool. Seal pork and brine in a zip-top plastic bag. Chill 8 hours; drain.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Grill pork on a rack coated with cooking spray 3 minutes on each side or until done. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup and butter; brush onto fruit. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Grill fruit, cut sides down, on rack coated with cooking spray for 3 minutes. Cut each peach and plum half in half again; serve with pork. Top with onions, if desired.