Group Home

that doesn't go there!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 22 Replies

at the elementary school i work at we have several special needs students, with varying degrees of "abilities/disabilities".  friday one boy, whose about 12 physically but more like 5 mentally, put a dried bean in his ear at home & had to go to the hospital & be anesthetized to get it out.  he was fine just has an ear infection now.  got me to thinking though of all the things kids put places they aren't meant to go.  thankfully my kids have never done anything like that but i did as a kid.

once when i was about 4 or so i put a baby aspirin up my nose.  why you ask?  well i had a cold & thus a runny nose.  to my 4 year old brain it was logical that i put the aspirin up my nose.  after all that was how it worked right?  you get a scrape you put a band aid on it.  you eyes or ears hurt you put drops in them.  so logically if your nose is dripping you put the aspirin up your nose! ;o)  i didn't put it up that far & i was, after a bit, able to blow it out but it definitely didn't feel good.  when it started to dissolve it stung a bit.  learned my lesson & never did such again.

so, how about you mama's?  share some stories of what your kids have done or you yourself.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I put a dey macaroni noodle up my nose when I was about 4, lol 

mackiebugsmom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Lol so far I have not had that experience *knock on wood*
The story of you with the aspirin is hilarious though, gotta love 4 year old logic :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

i think my train of thought for that age was genius, if i do say so myself! ;o)

Quoting mackiebugsmom:

Lol so far I have not had that experience *knock on wood*
The story of you with the aspirin is hilarious though, gotta love 4 year old logic :)

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

My daughter shoved four beads up her nose at my mothers house. That required a trip to the emergency room. She ended up sneezing them out though. Thankfully.

Oh and I learned why to never have a three year old watch Rugrats. I used to find EVERYTHING in Madions diaper. She liked to stash cookies in there for later.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

My daughter shoved four beads up her nose at my mothers house. That required a trip to the emergency room. She ended up sneezing them out though. Thankfully.

Oh and I learned why to never have a three year old watch Rugrats. I used to find EVERYTHING in Madions diaper. She liked to stash cookies in there for later.

oh!  lol!  i've never heard of a little one actually doing that.  that's priceless!  my kids were watching rugrats the other day & they both asked me why tommy did that.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Knock on wood, nothing here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I had one of my dd's swallow a penny when we were driving and start choking.One of my dd's when she was a baby somehow got a hair wrapped around her little toe and almsot lost her toe

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

no stories like that yet

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I was driving the van home from my mom's one night and Courtney exclaimed that Cameron shoved a peanut up his nose. He was 2 or 3. I talked him threw it and he blew it out. He doesn't remember it but Courtney does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bobbie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM
My logic was similar to yours when I was younger. I swallowed a band-aid once because my stomach hurt. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky