at the elementary school i work at we have several special needs students, with varying degrees of "abilities/disabilities". friday one boy, whose about 12 physically but more like 5 mentally, put a dried bean in his ear at home & had to go to the hospital & be anesthetized to get it out. he was fine just has an ear infection now. got me to thinking though of all the things kids put places they aren't meant to go. thankfully my kids have never done anything like that but i did as a kid.
once when i was about 4 or so i put a baby aspirin up my nose. why you ask? well i had a cold & thus a runny nose. to my 4 year old brain it was logical that i put the aspirin up my nose. after all that was how it worked right? you get a scrape you put a band aid on it. you eyes or ears hurt you put drops in them. so logically if your nose is dripping you put the aspirin up your nose! ;o) i didn't put it up that far & i was, after a bit, able to blow it out but it definitely didn't feel good. when it started to dissolve it stung a bit. learned my lesson & never did such again.
so, how about you mama's? share some stories of what your kids have done or you yourself.