Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Spring Break Survival

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 36 Replies

As of tomorrow, it begins: 10 solid days of spring break for my daughter. I'm really looking forward to it, because she's growing up crazy fast and I don't get to spend enough time with her...and next week, her little brother is off too. As much as I am looking forward to some downtime with them, I have to balance fun for them, work and schoolwork for me, and all the normal stuff that comes from running a house of busy people.

So I'm looking to schedule some good times, as well as let them have some time to just go with the flow, because otherwise I'll be doing a lot of "Just one more post/interview/homework assignment and then we can play." Here are some of my ideas:

Spa day: I light some scented candles, put on relaxing music, and we do mani-pedis, sometimes face masks, and cucumber slices on our eyes. And yes, both kids enjoy this!

Ice cream camp: Our local super-cool ice cream store sometimes has camps; if they don't, I'll bust out the ice cream maker and see what we can come up with at home (mix-ins from leftover Easter candy?).

Walks: It looks like winter might finally be losing its grip, so I'll take them for a mini-hike on the newly-cleared trails near our house.

Biking time: My daughter mastered the two-wheeler last summer, so I think we'll head out for a nice leisurely pedal around the park.

Girls lunch: My daughter has reached the age she is an absolute joy to take out to lunch or dinner (yes, moms of toddlers, it happens!). We have lunch and then some Easter shopping planned for Friday while her little brother's in school.

What are your plans for spring break?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM

These are some great ideas. We're away from home for Spring break, but it's been so cold here we haven't been able to enjoy the pool, so I'm glad we brought books and card games.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Great ideas,
Thanks for sharing :)

bether89
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM

We don't have any plans.  We are off 2 days this week and the next 3 Fridays for our spring break. We homeschool, so we are able to break it up this way.   We are hoping for warmer weather soon.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM

All i know is one day we are going to library for movies.  They are hosting a full week of movies but only the one day has a movie dd wants to see.  I am thinking glow in the dark mini golf one day as well for a treat.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Ooh, ice cream camp is a great idea! We have a soft serve maker so we could do some fun stuff.

For us, it really depends on if the snow melts by then. I know for sure we'll go to whatever programs the public library hosts. We'll also do bike rides around the neighborhood, and maybe some puddle jumping. Maybe we can plant our indoor garden seedlings, too...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM

We had a girly movie marathon & did a lot of housework 

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Our spring break has been cut short because of snow days =(

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM

TFS

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Spring break was the 1-18 for us..We didn't have much planned and it was a really long 2weeks.

Juniper53098
by June on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM

We have nothing planned because I have kids in my daycare all week.  Hopefully, it will get warm enough to be able to take everyone for a walk, at least.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)