Smarter Living: April Fools' Day pranks for the family

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is the first day of April...and you know what that means...yup! It's April Fools' Day. Folks are trying to out prank, out joke, out "get" each other. The thing about April Fools' is sometimes these foolings are really, really funny for everyone...except the person that was fooled. A thin line, this pranking, right?  But it doesn't have to be cruel or mean or even bordering on that - there are some harmless bits of fun we can all have - even with our kids. Check out these ideas you can play on your kids or team up with them to get your husband!

Funky Milk - Put a few drops of food coloring in the milk and watch their eyes as they pour it into the cereal bowl. Yes, this only works if you have a cardboard container for the milk.

Monitor Mayhem - Go to your hubby's or teen's computer and redo the color and brightness of the monitor to make it black.  Time how long and watch how aggravated they get trying to figure out why their computer doesn't seem to be working even though it is on.

Shoe Slamming - Stuff some paper into the toes of everyone's shoes. See if they think they don't fit or what.

Honk Honk - You can help your kids with this - add a sign for the back of Dad's car that says, "My kids are playing a prank - Honk if you like April Fools!"...granted, be sure everyone has a good sense of humor for this one.

Mouse Mix-up - Put tape or a post-it note on the bottom of your husband's computer mouse. Again, trying to figure out why it isn't working is totally fun. If you can, write "April Fools!" or "Gotcha!!" on it.

Share your best April Fools' Day pranks!

ŠiStockphoto.com/ maurusone                   

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
those are funny but we dont do anything for this day
critter_boo
by Sarah on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

my kids are trying to think of a good prank to play on their papi when he gets home from work tonight.  they haven't come up with anything, yet.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We are trying to think of an April Fools prank to play on Daddy when he gets home from work today... Too late for the car honking one, he left before we got up!

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

LOL cute.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Thanks for sharing funny ideas!

baby7810
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

ooo i might try the mouse one LOL my hubs might flip

LoveOfWisdom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

AH!  I wish I would have read this before hubby headed out to school lol.  I would have totally done the sign on the car

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

lol

dragonqueen
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I put a bullion cube in the shower head this morning. too bad I have to wait until tonight to see whats gonna come of it lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: