Group Home

How did he propose?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 41 Replies

How long had you been dating? Was it a surprise? Did you get a ring? Tell me about it. 

JOIN US ON:

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM

we dated about 9 years but we had met my first year in college and my Mother had an age limit before she would allow me to marry and then we also had broken up a couple of times before rekindling the relationship.  It wasnt really a surprise because I kinda let him know either things move forward or end.  We went ring shopping together and found and purchased them the same day and our rings fit us both perfectly.  I fell in love with a gem stone so used that as the center stone because I really dont care for diamonds and wanted a house rather than a rock on my hand.  I LOVE my ring! 

He proposed on Mother's Day surrounded by both of our families (my birthday sometimes falls around Mother's Day so we usually combine holidays but I was not a Mother at that time).

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM

after 3 1/2 years of dating, it was my birthday, we were sitting on the couch in his parents' basement. he told me he wanted to show me something, ran upstairs, and when he came back down he asked if my family had any heirlooms. i think i said something about my grandma's kitchen table, i was so confused like why is he asking me this? then he showed me this ring that was his great-grandmother's, and said "if you want it you'll have to marry me."

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM

We had been dating for about 2 years and we lived together. He started talking about buying me a ring and had me pick out one that I liked. I was with him when he bought it but he held onto it. One night he drove me down to the beach and gave me a teddy bear that had a purse. The ring was in the purse, he got down on his knee and asked.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We had been dating about a year. I knew it was coming as I helped pick my ring but wasnt allowed to have the ring till he did. We went camping at one of our fav spots at the beach. He said he was going to collect wood down on the beach. I went to look for him after a bit & he wrote out in the sand, will you marry me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Imagine a tire deflating.... thats what it was like. Hahaha!

We had been dating and living together for two years and we were walking back to our car from the grocery store and I was about two feet in front of him. Suddenly he says "s o....are we ever going to get married?" and I turned to look at him and said "is that your proposal?" He said " yeah I guess so" .... i looked at him straight in the eye and said "then my answer is No, next time you want to ask me to marry you you better be down on one knee and have a ring in your hand. I dont care if its an onion ring but seriously." We put the groceries in the car and didnt say much of anything the whole way home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM
That is adorable!

Quoting heydooney:

after 3 1/2 years of dating, it was my birthday, we were sitting on the couch in his parents' basement. he told me he wanted to show me something, ran upstairs, and when he came back down he asked if my family had any heirlooms. i think i said something about my grandma's kitchen table, i was so confused like why is he asking me this? then he showed me this ring that was his great-grandmother's, and said "if you want it you'll have to marry me."

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Shawna on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM

He didn't get a real chance to propose, my mother ruined all chances of that.  We had been dating for about 3 years and she kept bugging us about getting married.  One day she tried pinning us down to a date and that was it.  He never got to ask me, she just started planning.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

We were dating for 6 months..Known each other for over a year tho..He proposed on his knee at Walmart in the tool isle..

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

In 2000 he gave me this ring that was supposed to be my engagement ring, but he never proposed. Just kinda gave it to me.  so I took it as  a promise ring. I <3 that ring!!!

We picked out an engagement ring, gave it to him to one day propose to me with. He did it in Feb 2001, in our bedroom. He said he had something to show me, when I turned around he was on one knee. It was cute. LOL We were dating almost two years when he proposed.

powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I Proposed to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci