Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use to clean your floors?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have this white tile floor throughout my house and it has been such a hassle to upkeep.  I vacuum, swifter, mop and then steam mop it.  The next day it looks like nothing has been done.  What is your floor maintenance routine?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I wash it once a week with dish soap, sweep daily, and touch it up daily with a steam mop.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

i use a swiffer

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I think I'm going to steam mop daily as well.  I normally sweep and swifter daily and then mop and steam mop weekly.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I wash it once a week with dish soap, sweep daily, and touch it up daily with a steam mop.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I absolutely hated the swifter. I got rid of that thing so quickly. I had the original one and then I had the one that you can fill with your own cleaner and they never did the job right.

Quoting momofnatalie:

I think I'm going to steam mop daily as well.  I normally sweep and swifter daily and then mop and steam mop weekly.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Haan steam thingy

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I usually just use my steam mop.

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I use our rainbow vacuum at least twice a week (we have wood floors) & mop as needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

My sympathies, white tile shows EVERYTHING! Can you get everyone to take off their shoes when they come in? I would sweep all the time and then slide around with wet rags on my feet and do the spots and traffic areas daily.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I use fabuloso(sp). I love it

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Sorry you're having to deal with that.  I got rid of my white tile and got laminate wood flooring. And it's much easier to keep up. I use an Oreck cleaner, similar to a Swiffer, but with a reusable pad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN