Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying Used or New

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 39 Replies

I need to get a double stroller and I am not sure if I should be new or used.  I want one that is easy to push and can fold without much fuss.  The higher end brands are so nice and I'm debating if I should by used.  I bought my single stroller used and after a few months, the wheels started squeeking and drove me crazy.  Plus I didn't notice there was a rip on the bottom basket until after I got home so I ended up ordering a new basket. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have a tall 3yr old and a 4 month old. 

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
No clue my double stroller is a pain in the butt to fold up. It's not so bad on the pushing part but the fold up and picking it up aint easy. I have the graco Ready 2 grow stand and ride stroller.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Is your easy to fold?

Quoting momkaribg:

No clue my double stroller is a pain in the butt to fold up. It's not so bad on the pushing part but the fold up and picking it up aint easy. I have the graco Ready 2 grow stand and ride stroller.

ktp111
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

You definately would have to get a new one or gently used one. I know this from experience of having wheels fll off, bumps in the cement cause accidents and safety issues too. Then maybe a new one would be a good idea if you can afford it.

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

By the sit and stand stroller. I've tried the side by side when I had babies and hated it. Very hard to get thru the isles of clothing stores. I loved the sit and stand one. My oldest loved his part where you could stand up or sit down on it. 

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and I would buy used as long as the tires were good on it. :)

SammiBaby
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

As much as I love gently used items it just all depends on how good of quality the used item is. If you can find a really really nice stroller that's been gently used for considerably cheap might as well go for it.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would buy used.Just make sure to check it out real good

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

That's so true!  We are planning to use our tax refund to buy one.

Quoting ktp111:

You definately would have to get a new one or gently used one. I know this from experience of having wheels fll off, bumps in the cement cause accidents and safety issues too. Then maybe a new one would be a good idea if you can afford it.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

My daughter would love it too, but she would love to hop off an escape.  My husband wants a seat to keep her in it.  I think there are ones with a seat that you can add on as well.

Quoting wandep:

By the sit and stand stroller. I've tried the side by side when I had babies and hated it. Very hard to get thru the isles of clothing stores. I loved the sit and stand one. My oldest loved his part where you could stand up or sit down on it. 

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I'm checking on Craigslist and if I see one I will definitely bring another set of eyes with me this time.  Last time it was just me and I purchased it because I felt rushed to make a decision.

Quoting SammiBaby:

As much as I love gently used items it just all depends on how good of quality the used item is. If you can find a really really nice stroller that's been gently used for considerably cheap might as well go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)