Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying Used or New

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 39 Replies

I need to get a double stroller and I am not sure if I should be new or used.  I want one that is easy to push and can fold without much fuss.  The higher end brands are so nice and I'm debating if I should by used.  I bought my single stroller used and after a few months, the wheels started squeeking and drove me crazy.  Plus I didn't notice there was a rip on the bottom basket until after I got home so I ended up ordering a new basket. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have a tall 3yr old and a 4 month old. 

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
No clue my double stroller is a pain in the butt to fold up. It's not so bad on the pushing part but the fold up and picking it up aint easy. I have the graco Ready 2 grow stand and ride stroller.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Is your easy to fold?

Quoting momkaribg:

No clue my double stroller is a pain in the butt to fold up. It's not so bad on the pushing part but the fold up and picking it up aint easy. I have the graco Ready 2 grow stand and ride stroller.

ktp111
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

You definately would have to get a new one or gently used one. I know this from experience of having wheels fll off, bumps in the cement cause accidents and safety issues too. Then maybe a new one would be a good idea if you can afford it.

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

By the sit and stand stroller. I've tried the side by side when I had babies and hated it. Very hard to get thru the isles of clothing stores. I loved the sit and stand one. My oldest loved his part where you could stand up or sit down on it. 

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and I would buy used as long as the tires were good on it. :)

SammiBaby
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

As much as I love gently used items it just all depends on how good of quality the used item is. If you can find a really really nice stroller that's been gently used for considerably cheap might as well go for it.

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would buy used.Just make sure to check it out real good

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

That's so true!  We are planning to use our tax refund to buy one.

Quoting ktp111:

You definately would have to get a new one or gently used one. I know this from experience of having wheels fll off, bumps in the cement cause accidents and safety issues too. Then maybe a new one would be a good idea if you can afford it.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

My daughter would love it too, but she would love to hop off an escape.  My husband wants a seat to keep her in it.  I think there are ones with a seat that you can add on as well.

Quoting wandep:

By the sit and stand stroller. I've tried the side by side when I had babies and hated it. Very hard to get thru the isles of clothing stores. I loved the sit and stand one. My oldest loved his part where you could stand up or sit down on it. 

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I'm checking on Craigslist and if I see one I will definitely bring another set of eyes with me this time.  Last time it was just me and I purchased it because I felt rushed to make a decision.

Quoting SammiBaby:

As much as I love gently used items it just all depends on how good of quality the used item is. If you can find a really really nice stroller that's been gently used for considerably cheap might as well go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)