Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maybe we do get more than one life!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

i was watching part of an episode of katie couric's talk show the other day & it was about the "cost of beauty".  one of her guests was a woman who got a staph infection from silicone injections & ended up loosing both her hands & part of both legs.  she had an amazing spirit & made a comment that really stuck with me.  she said something to the effect that before she took everything she had for granted but after what happened to her she feels like she was reborn, given a second chance at life & she wasn't going to waste it.  she's currently training for a triathalon.  amazing!

while i have not had trails & tribulations such as this woman or others that i have known, i have had issues in my life i've had to over come.  we all do.  & when i've over come them in a way i'm a "new person".  we've all heard the expressions "starting a new chapter" & "that was my old life", so prehaps while we may only get one physical body we are blessed to have many "lives" within that one body.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

What an amazing woman. I hope that with what my family is going through that we can have a positive experiance

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm sure you will & i'm sure your "next life" will be better than the last! ;o)

Quoting momofsixangels:

What an amazing woman. I hope that with what my family is going through that we can have a positive experiance

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting lizzig:

i'm sure you will & i'm sure your "next life" will be better than the last! ;o)

Quoting momofsixangels:

Hope so!

lil_mama06
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hmm, never thought of it that way...

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Good thought!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)