Group Home

Weird delivery

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 34 Replies

Today a delivery guy came over to my house and knocked and asked if I would sign for a neighbors package since no one was home there, I barely know the neighbors. I felt really uncomforable about it and first told the guy to go check the shop behind the house because usually there is some one there but there wasnt't. Finally I agreed to sign and the delivery guy asked if I wanted him to leave it on their porch or to keep it at my place and I told him no I would hold it here and he said he would put a note on their door. I would hate for it to turn up missing or something About 2 hours later the neighbor came over and asked about it and I gave him the package.

The neighbor said that he have never had a delivery driver do that before and I never have either. It just seems crazy that a delivery guy would do that and I don't think I will ever sign for anyone elses stuff again. I think the delivery guy was through dhl, it was a yellow van that he was driving. Has anyone had something like that happen before?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Yes..UPS and fed ex have done it to me..They just leave a slip on the door telling me it's at my neighbors..

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Yes. I have. Ups sometimes requires a signature and once in a while I will sign for my neighbors and they have signed for.our.packages also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I'm glad to know it is normal. It was the first time I have ever been asked to do it.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Yes. I have. Ups sometimes requires a signature and once in a while I will sign for my neighbors and they have signed for.our.packages also.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

no i havent.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I have signed for packages for a neighbor before

momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Yes it just keep the driving from having to come back. I think they are required 3 attempts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jarelsmama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Yes. It's actually very common practice..

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

no, but i live in an apartment complex so if no ones home the drivers just take the packages to the office

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Yes I have many times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Ive done it but my neighbors across the street asked me to sign because something came up and she knew she wouldn't be available.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690