Group Home

Today a delivery guy came over to my house and knocked and asked if I would sign for a neighbors package since no one was home there, I barely know the neighbors. I felt really uncomforable about it and first told the guy to go check the shop behind the house because usually there is some one there but there wasnt't. Finally I agreed to sign and the delivery guy asked if I wanted him to leave it on their porch or to keep it at my place and I told him no I would hold it here and he said he would put a note on their door. I would hate for it to turn up missing or something About 2 hours later the neighbor came over and asked about it and I gave him the package.

The neighbor said that he have never had a delivery driver do that before and I never have either. It just seems crazy that a delivery guy would do that and I don't think I will ever sign for anyone elses stuff again. I think the delivery guy was through dhl, it was a yellow van that he was driving. Has anyone had something like that happen before?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Replies (31-34):
Pink.Frosting
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Yep, happens all the time.  I've signed for others and others have signed for me.

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

i wouldn't want my packages being delivered to a neighbors house!  They either leave it on our steps or redeliver when we're home

baquick
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Ups has it on file to allow my neighbor across the street to sign for my packages.

Fed ex sucks here. I hate getting deliveries from them.
I thought dhl went out of business?
jackiewal10
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

ALL the time.  MOST delivery companies will try and leave it with someone else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.