Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today a delivery guy came over to my house and knocked and asked if I would sign for a neighbors package since no one was home there, I barely know the neighbors. I felt really uncomforable about it and first told the guy to go check the shop behind the house because usually there is some one there but there wasnt't. Finally I agreed to sign and the delivery guy asked if I wanted him to leave it on their porch or to keep it at my place and I told him no I would hold it here and he said he would put a note on their door. I would hate for it to turn up missing or something About 2 hours later the neighbor came over and asked about it and I gave him the package.

The neighbor said that he have never had a delivery driver do that before and I never have either. It just seems crazy that a delivery guy would do that and I don't think I will ever sign for anyone elses stuff again. I think the delivery guy was through dhl, it was a yellow van that he was driving. Has anyone had something like that happen before?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Replies (31-34):
Pink.Frosting
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Yep, happens all the time.  I've signed for others and others have signed for me.

Kainalu55
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

i wouldn't want my packages being delivered to a neighbors house!  They either leave it on our steps or redeliver when we're home

baquick
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Ups has it on file to allow my neighbor across the street to sign for my packages.

Fed ex sucks here. I hate getting deliveries from them.
I thought dhl went out of business?
jackiewal10
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

ALL the time.  MOST delivery companies will try and leave it with someone else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN