Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does your s/o like your cooking?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 57 Replies

i'm a vegetarian married to a carnivore that pretty much only likes mexican food (he's mexican).  i will cook meat, the kids eat it & i'm not going to force my food preference on them plus hubby works 12 hours a day at a restuarant & often doesn't want to cook when he gets home.  the kids love my cooking, especially my carnivorish daughter.  except for some veggies dishes there isn't much they turn away from, often asking for more.  i've always gotten nothing but compliments for my cooking.

hubby however is a different story.  he'll eat my cooking but i can tell he's not too thrilled with it.  he never eats seconds & definitely not left overs.  you ask him if he likes it & he'll say "hmm, it's ok".  even when i make something from one of the many mexican cookbooks i have, still get the same reaction.

anyone else's s/o not too thrilled about their cooking?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

He's a better cook than I am but he has never complained about my cooking and has complimented it often

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
When we 1st got together but now he loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

That would bug me! I can't hardly cook but my hubby eats every bite and asks for more. I always am thankful his mom didn't spoil him!

chillemi78
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Mine never eats leftovers. Its not my cooking, he's just spoiled that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

think that's why he doesn't eat leftovers too.  even when he brings something home from a restaurant he wont' eat it so i'll heat it up for the kids

Quoting chillemi78:

Mine never eats leftovers. Its not my cooking, he's just spoiled that way.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

He looooooves my cooking. i tease him all the time about that being the main reason he married me. lOl.. 

momofnatalie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
My husband is a mama's boy and no one does it like her. I used to cook but now he does and it helps me out because I get a break when he comes home. My 3yr old is his sous chef and the baby is normally napping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

for my husband it was his grandmother.  she raised him more than his mom did & i definitely can't compete with old school mexican home cooking

Quoting momofnatalie:

My husband is a mama's boy and no one does it like her. I used to cook but now he does and it helps me out because I get a break when he comes home. My 3yr old is his sous chef and the baby is normally napping.

Godspitgrl
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

nope he hates to cook and I wont let him near the kitchen, lol

wandep
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Yeah mine is the same way girl. Especially when I try to do convient cooking in the crock pot he always tells me the meat is mushy but taste fine to me. I don't mind it like that. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)