mother's day is next!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 50 Replies

how do you typically celebrate it in your home?  do you get gifts?  get "the day off"?  is it truly your day where you get to do what you want?

i'll get a "happy mother's day" from the kids & hubby, maybe even a card & we'll go out to dinner, but rarely to where i'd want to go (hubby & kids aren't into thai, indian, etc.).  but hubby works every sunday so i'll still be doing the usual; taking care of the kids, making breakfast & lunch, laundry if needed.  doesn't bother me though, i'm told daily by my kids & hubby how much they love & appreciate me.  don't need a day set aside for them to let me know how much they care & how much i mean to them.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM

my hubby is gone to ga where he is stationed in the army but ill probably get a call and a thanks. my kids will probably get me a card and a small gift which is fine by me.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Yesssss national sleep in day....well it should be anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM

where's he stationed in ga?

Quoting lyrick24:

my hubby is gone to ga where he is stationed in the army but ill probably get a call and a thanks. my kids will probably get me a card and a small gift which is fine by me.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
My sons were so sweet last year. DH was away for work, and they surprised me with breakfast in bed with homemade cards. They thought of it all themselves which was the best part. DH said he's going to get me a tea set this year, and I am excited for that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I get cards and greetings:)

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Usually DH takes me out to dinner but we will not be doing anything this year.... we just cant afford it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My husband will let me sleep in and take me out to brunch.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I get the whole day off..I don't have to do a darn thing...Last year Brian's sister,neice and I went to Eugene for the day... 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
My DH works on Sunday's too but not till the afternoon so I get to sleep in. I get cards & gifts from him and the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM

A card, sleeping in and lots of hugs and pitcures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: