mother's day is next!

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you typically celebrate it in your home?  do you get gifts?  get "the day off"?  is it truly your day where you get to do what you want?

i'll get a "happy mother's day" from the kids & hubby, maybe even a card & we'll go out to dinner, but rarely to where i'd want to go (hubby & kids aren't into thai, indian, etc.).  but hubby works every sunday so i'll still be doing the usual; taking care of the kids, making breakfast & lunch, laundry if needed.  doesn't bother me though, i'm told daily by my kids & hubby how much they love & appreciate me.  don't need a day set aside for them to let me know how much they care & how much i mean to them.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Wait, what? I thought that Mother's day was in May? Don't confuse me, woman! I have too many things going on in my mind already.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

it is but it's already april & there are no other holiday between now & then.

Quoting dusky_rose:

Wait, what? I thought that Mother's day was in May? Don't confuse me, woman! I have too many things going on in my mind already.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM

he still gets you cards?  that's sweet!

Quoting brownhoney21:

Cards from the girls and maybe the ex.

artistmom27
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM

The years prior to this one, there was always either DF or I working. We will see about it this year...

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

we dont do much but i want to take a few hours to relax this year i hope

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:45 AM

I spend time with my extended family.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Hubby give me flowers and takes me out to dinner, that's about it.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

LOL That's ok, yesterday was just a hectic day! I think that I added another word to your post title in my mind or something.

Quoting lizzig:

it is but it's already april & there are no other holiday between now & then.

Quoting dusky_rose:

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

My mom and stepdad come down and there is a family renion thing for my moms side of the family that we have gone to the last few years

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM

sounds fun

Quoting othermom:

My mom and stepdad come down and there is a family renion thing for my moms side of the family that we have gone to the last few years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: