Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mother's day is next!

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you typically celebrate it in your home?  do you get gifts?  get "the day off"?  is it truly your day where you get to do what you want?

i'll get a "happy mother's day" from the kids & hubby, maybe even a card & we'll go out to dinner, but rarely to where i'd want to go (hubby & kids aren't into thai, indian, etc.).  but hubby works every sunday so i'll still be doing the usual; taking care of the kids, making breakfast & lunch, laundry if needed.  doesn't bother me though, i'm told daily by my kids & hubby how much they love & appreciate me.  don't need a day set aside for them to let me know how much they care & how much i mean to them.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I get gifts from my husband and little ones. My husband plans a day of fun and surprises for me.

Tigress22304
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

For mother's day DD9 gets me something cutesy as a gift and she makes me a card.

my stepkids and I make something homemade for THEIR mother

we also celebrate Stepmother's Day (sunday after mother's day) THAT is my day! I get to do whatever I want-DH and the kids are willing to do my bidding :)

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Last Mother's Day, it was also my son's 4th birthday, so after work I took him to Chuck E Cheese's, for the first time.  Everyday is Mother's Day, to me, so it's no big deal for me.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GypsiSky:

I get gifts from my husband and little ones. My husband plans a day of fun and surprises for me.

aww, that's sweet!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quoting mamadee1971:

Last Mother's Day, it was also my son's 4th birthday, so after work I took him to Chuck E Cheese's, for the first time.  Everyday is Mother's Day, to me, so it's no big deal for me.

that's how i feel! ;o)

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Quoting Tigress22304:

For mother's day DD9 gets me something cutesy as a gift and she makes me a card.

we also celebrate Stepmother's Day (sunday after mother's day) THAT is my day! I get to do whatever I want-DH and the kids are willing to do my bidding :)

i've heard that before.  doesn't last 1/2 a day for me! ;o)

Tigress22304
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting Tigress22304:

i've heard that before.  doesn't last 1/2 a day for me! ;o)

:D my bidding is where I lock myself in my bedroom and refuse to be disturbed unless the house is burning down...I also require all my meals delivered. It works for us!

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Well first I have to get through this month full of birthdays then I will think about mothers day.
usually bran gets me a gift from bean and we go.to dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Nothing.

mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM
If it gets remembered, I will probably get a card and dh will cook dinner. Once my aunt had a dinner and my mom was there so I got to spend it with her also, I really liked that and hope e do that again this year. We also usually go to my MILs house for a few hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN