Group Home

mother's day is next!

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you typically celebrate it in your home?  do you get gifts?  get "the day off"?  is it truly your day where you get to do what you want?

i'll get a "happy mother's day" from the kids & hubby, maybe even a card & we'll go out to dinner, but rarely to where i'd want to go (hubby & kids aren't into thai, indian, etc.).  but hubby works every sunday so i'll still be doing the usual; taking care of the kids, making breakfast & lunch, laundry if needed.  doesn't bother me though, i'm told daily by my kids & hubby how much they love & appreciate me.  don't need a day set aside for them to let me know how much they care & how much i mean to them.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I'm taking the day off from work (well the Friday) DS'a school does a little program and tea then he's staying and I'm having mommy time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sophie4910
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Just a happy mothers day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM

We celebrate it by me taking time to myself to relax or go shop etc.

momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My DH and kids try to make the day special. He actually proposed on Mother's Day 4 years ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlesmonster
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM

it's like any other day, here at my house any holiday except for xmas and new years  it's like any other day , dh always forgets special dates so yeah no valentine's day no mother's day and no birthday to me...there is v-day for him or father's day and his birthday though I always try to make it special for him =)

Jules_
by Julie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually get spoiled by my family on it.  Breakfast in bed, gifts and no housework.  This year we are also going to my Grandma's for Mother's day.  So that will be nice.

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM

The kids help out more.They make me cards

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It has to be hard to be apart from your husband. Thank you for the sacrifices you make, and your husband for his service.

Quoting lyrick24:

my hubby is gone to ga where he is stationed in the army but ill probably get a call and a thanks. my kids will probably get me a card and a small gift which is fine by me.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

hmm, wonder if he'd say anything if you forgot his b-day or fathers day? 

Quoting skittlesmonster:

it's like any other day, here at my house any holiday except for xmas and new years  it's like any other day , dh always forgets special dates so yeah no valentine's day no mother's day and no birthday to me...there is v-day for him or father's day and his birthday though I always try to make it special for him =)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Probably  just another day here, LOL
Although DH will make me dinner or take me out .. my choice.
Will hear from the boys as I always do on Sundays :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky