mother's day is next!

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you typically celebrate it in your home?  do you get gifts?  get "the day off"?  is it truly your day where you get to do what you want?

i'll get a "happy mother's day" from the kids & hubby, maybe even a card & we'll go out to dinner, but rarely to where i'd want to go (hubby & kids aren't into thai, indian, etc.).  but hubby works every sunday so i'll still be doing the usual; taking care of the kids, making breakfast & lunch, laundry if needed.  doesn't bother me though, i'm told daily by my kids & hubby how much they love & appreciate me.  don't need a day set aside for them to let me know how much they care & how much i mean to them.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Cards from the girls and maybe the ex.

Mamasita71
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:43 AM

My kids have always done Mother's Day well. If they didn't have money they would make me a Mother's Day card with pictures they'd draw & poems they wrote. I have all of the homemade gifts (mostly cards) they've given me over the past twenty two years. I have to say I'm one lucky Mama when it comes to Mother's Day!

Peace, Light, & Love!

Mamasita71

turtle07
by Rhiannon on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I doubt my husband will even be home and if he was he wouldn't do anything anyways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by Tee on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Yes he usually does breakfast for me on the morning. Then we just spend a day out together with the family. Go out to dinner and I open presents.
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:54 AM

We usually spend the day together,as a family, cooking out and working in the yard.

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Mothers Day is gonna suck this year. Gonna be a lot of tears around here. I would like to just forget about it, cancel it til we all heal. (My saint of a mother in law passed on the 23rd a week after a lung cancer diagnosis)

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

so sorry mama!!  maybe you can spend the day honoring her memory.

Quoting 1lv2stks3nlz4ev:

Mothers Day is gonna suck this year. Gonna be a lot of tears around here. I would like to just forget about it, cancel it til we all heal. (My saint of a mother in law passed on the 23rd a week after a lung cancer diagnosis)

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Nothing usually but this year my dh already bought me a gift. I wanted a necklace that symbolized all my kids and has their birth stones in it. I ordered it and he paid for it and we are calling it my mothers day gift.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Oh nice, I completely forgot. I just want to get out and spend some time with my kids. This school year has been a long one, and we haven't really done anything. Summer is our big vacation time, but through the school year we usually try to still get out on nice days, but we have just been so over scheduled lately. We just went out to eat on Easter, so we probably wont make a big deal out of mother's day. I was just telling the kids I wanted to go to the zoo this weekend though, so maybe we'll do that on mother's day instead.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Usually just cards and gifts from the kids. We don't do much except maybe go out for a meal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: