Smarter Style: Beauty Balms Rule!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 62 Replies

You know when you hear all this hype about a product, so you try it....and it's just super-disappointing and money down the drain?

That is exactly NOT the case with beauty balms. They're often abbreviated to "BB" on packaging and in ads and are suddenly everywhere, at every price point.

And for good reason. These are multipurpose products that do the work of many others in just one application (and one layer of "stuff" on your face ... nice if you hate goop on your face as much as I do). Most have sunscreen, moisturizer, and some level of tint to even your complexion; many can work as primers and wrinkle-fillers, and several have anti-aging or otherwise skin-improving properties. They work for many skin tones and types, depending on your needs.

I love it on days I don't need a full face of makeup; instead, I just slap on some beauty balm, a little concealer if need be, some eyeliner and lip gloss and I'm good to go in five minutes. They give you a little glow and look very natural, but even out imperfections. On days I need to look a little more polished, I use it underneath my regular makeup. And to my great surprise, it doesn't make my skin break out...and just about everything makes my skin break out.

Have you tried a beauty balm? Do you like them?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
They're ok, more like just a tinted moisturizer. Korean brands seem to be the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by Tee on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Never have tried but maybe I check it out.
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I haven't tried it

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I have one and it's okay. I'm on the hunt for a better one.

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM

never tried them

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I have never tried them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I tried one, and it was thick and felt a little cakey to me.  I got a cheap brand and didn't like it.  I'm a little hesitant to try another one.

mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I would like to try that..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Quoting mrswillie:

I haven't tried it

JerseyGirl511
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Haven't tried them yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: