Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: To watch or not to watch?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

I wear a watch every day...even sometimes while I sleep. It's an old school Timex that my husband got for me when I turned 30. And almost 11 years later, it's still tickin'! It's my only watch. My husband, on the other hand, doesn't wear one - he uses the clock on his phone. I know a ton of folks who feel the same way, but me? I dig the watch. I dig my watch, but I've been thinking about how to change it up, give this one a break. After 11 years, it's about time (are you groaning at my pun?). Here are a few I've spotted that can give me a fashion boost on the wrist, yet be flexible to work with most things in the closet:

This blue and white zebra stripe would be so cute for spring, no? From Kohl's, it's classic with a twist, a kick of cool-ness with the stripe, yet not too out-there. I can see it with a white button down and jeans as well as a maxi dress. Don some large hoops, and I'm done.

I love this green wrap one from Neiman Marcus. It can go year-round with that rich color, coordinate with almost every outfit...and work in place of a bracelet. The square face adds a little different element to the usual watch look, but still doesn't call too much attention.

Perfect for when I'm wearing bits of color...and want something other than the usual sliver band on my current Timex. Over at Zappos, this one has a jazzy white leather strap, with a snake texture. Again, so easy and classic, yet provides a little something-something different. 

Do you wear a watch? How many watches do you have?

©iStockphoto.com/Popovaphoto 

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i used to wear them... but not anymore. come to think of it I stopped wearing jewelry when I had my son, the babies always pick on things.. anyway I like the first one very much, I would wear that one... the other two not so much.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Not anymore :)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I have a Fossil watch that I wear every day.  I've had it for 10 years or more.

LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I like the top 2.  I have a slap bracelet for work (i'm a pedi nurse) but otherwise I just use my phone for a clock

mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I don't like things touching my wrists. I don't wear watches or bracelets.

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I used to wear them but usually use my cellphone.

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I don't wear a watch.  I've never found one that doesn't at least have the back of the face directly on my skin.  I break out from the metals.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM

cool watches, no i dont wear one but i should at work so i know what time it is

mereinhart28
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I only have one watch. I love it. I wear it almost every day.

mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I love watches but don't wear them..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN