Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you friends with your PARENTS on Facebook?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 73 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm friends with my mom (Dad passed but even if he were alive, he wouldnt know how to use Facebook lol) and I kind of regret it. Whenever I post anything about getting something NEW or checking in at a restaurant and then ANYTIME (even weeks later) asking to borrow some gas money or whathaveyou she responds with "Well, Leah, didn't you BUY dinner the other night? If you hadn't BOUGHT dinner you would have gas money!" 

Ugh. Moms.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom does not comment on things very often.  I have total strangers that offer more support or. acknowledge the statuses.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Yes .. and well i dont want to even say anything .. =( ..

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I am friends with both my sons :)

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM

my dad who is 74 has a fb and is learning english ( he is swiss).. my mom is 8years younger and refuses to get  fb and to learn english

ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Mom yes, dad no. I'm even friends with my gramma haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:00 AM

My mom is not on FB.  She still has trouble navigating her email.  Social media is way out of her technological skill set.  I have no idea whether my father is on FB.  The thought that he may be kind of scares me.

I am FB friends with other family members, though:  4 aunts, an uncle, several cousins, and my maternal grandfather (91 and quite active on the site).

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I am friends with my mom.. Grandma.. Uncles.. Grandpa etc on FB. bad idea. For the same reasons you listed. My mother finds me everywhere and adds me. Almost JUST to check up on me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillokita
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I am friends with my dad but he's not on much nor does he comment on ANYTHING lol my mom swore she had one but I could never find her.. soo idk.. I don't know that I would be she is a little over the top with it.

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:24 AM

My dad doesn't use Facebook. I do have my mom on my page, but she can't see all of my posts.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

nope!  i'm not on facebook & even if i was my mom is so old fashioned she knows nothing about computers/internet.  heck she has issue using her basic flip phone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)