Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

traveling with two boys ...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM
  • 16 Replies
Me my two children and s/o are going to Myrtle beach in may, to the sea mist resort. What do I need to pack? I know the obvious clothes, personal items but, what else do I need? Also how can I save money while we are down there and still have fun and make memories for my boys. They are five and eleven. We are so excited its almost time. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM

no clue about saving $$ there, haven't been to myrtle in ages!  maybe you can do a search to find saving tips for myrtle, find free or cheap family things to do in the area.  see if you can find some on-line coupons for restaurants & such.

as for packing, are you driving or flying?  if driving how long of a trip will it be?  you'll need some entertainment for them (hand held games, books, travel games, etc), snacks & don't forget sun screen & bug spray!!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

idk how old they are but some toys, if they can write paper and pencil so you all can play games on the way there.. like writing down how many red cars they find or how many fast food places or how many trucks, etc... sun screen, extra towels, extra clothes...

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Beach toys!

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

take things to fix for lunch and that you can put in a cooler to take to the beach. snacks and things should be brought from home so you dont have to pay the high prices. im assuming your hotel room has a refrigerator. take sandwich meat and chips, you can take vienna sausage and beanie weiners and crackers, beef stick and peperoni and cheese sticks and capri sun and water. take your beach towels dont buy them from there.take more than one swim suit so you can alternate while the other one is drying.  i would take cereal and milk and breakfast bowls if your hotel does not have a continental breakfast.

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Never been, Bump & good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Never been there..(I'm on the West Coast) Hope you all have fun...

alliesmom112
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I would say if possible buy groceries and limit eating out.

alliesmom112
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM

make sure you have things for them to do while traveling, games, tablets, etc

Samanthamommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM
snacks?
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
We stay at places that has a kitchen, kitchenette, or at least a microwave & fridge& coffee maker. Cook meals at your room and buy groceries. I eat out less on vacation or eat out during the day when it's less expensive to save money. Don't buy sodas and coffee out or snacks. Buying those things from the grocery saves you tons of money. Bring a cooler in your car for the drive down packed with snacks, water bottles, and soda from the grocery.

I try to forsee what we will need so that I can buy it on sale before leaving such as bug spray, sunscreen, cooler, swim gear, beach towels, etc etc etc. Anything that costs more at a convenience type grocery place that are in tourist areas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN