Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

traveling with two boys ...

Posted by   + Show Post
Me my two children and s/o are going to Myrtle beach in may, to the sea mist resort. What do I need to pack? I know the obvious clothes, personal items but, what else do I need? Also how can I save money while we are down there and still have fun and make memories for my boys. They are five and eleven. We are so excited its almost time. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Replies (11-16):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Go fishing for your own seafood or catch crabs! Then cook them at your place. We have done that numerous times! So so good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Avoid touristy activities that are expensive or limit them. Do free things like the beach and pool or walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Plan out some interesting things to do before going that are free!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Will you have a kitchen, or at least a mini fridge? Eating out can really add up quickly on vacation, so I would do what you can to avoid that. If nothing else, you can bring a cooler with lunch meat, cheese, PB & J, and bread so that sandwiches are an option each day. Bring your own snacks, too, or go grocery shopping once you're there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM

some kind of portable electronic to keep them busy in the car etc.

Can you cook in your resort instead of eat out? if they even have a tiny fridge you can bring one of those portable electric burners that are like $20 and cook instead of eat costly resort food. Or at least buy your own sodas and such and keep them in the room.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM

How fun!  I would say lots of beach toys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN