Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REASON I CANT SPELL..

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 30 Replies
REASON I CANT SPELL..
Dyslexia is a very broad term defining a learning disability that impairs a person's fluency or comprehension accuracy in being able to read,[1] and which can manifest itself as a difficulty with phonological awareness, phonological decoding, processing speed, orthographic coding, auditory short-term memory, language skills/verbal comprehension, and/or rapid naming.[2][3][4]
Dyslexia is distinct from reading difficulties resulting from other causes, such as a non-neurological deficiency with vision or hearing, or from poor or inadequate reading instruction.[5][6] It is believed that dyslexia can affect between 5 and 10 percent of a given population although there have been no studies to indicate an accurate percentage.[7][8][9]
There are three proposed cognitive subtypes of dyslexia (auditory, visual and attentional), although individual cases of dyslexia are better explained by specific underlying neuropsychological deficits and co-occurring learning disabilities (e.g. attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, math disability, etc.).[8][10][11][12][13][14] Reading disability, or dyslexia, is the most common learning disability. Although it is considered to be a receptive language-based learning disability in the research literature, dyslexia also affects one's expressive language skills.[15] Researchers at MIT found that people with dyslexia exhibited impaired voice-recognition abilities.[16]
Adult dyslexics can read with good comprehension, but they tend to read more slowly than non-dyslexics and perform more poorly at spelling and nonsense word reading, a measure of phonological awareness.[17] Dyslexia and IQ are not interrelated as a result of cognition developing independently.[18]
ANY QUESTIONS MESSAGE ME...
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

And then darn autocorrect messes with you further or spell checker will put completely different words for you.

Samanthamommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Thanks for the info

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Quoting frndlyfn:

And then darn autocorrect messes with you further or spell checker will put completely different words for you.

AUTO CORRECTION DOES NOT ALL WAS WORK ..AND SOME TIMES MINE WONT EVEN COME UP.
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Quoting KRIZZ25:

Quoting frndlyfn:

AUTO CORRECTION DOES NOT ALL WAS WORK ..AND SOME TIMES MINE WONT EVEN COME UP.

My friends used to "hire"me as their spelling checker or grammer checker since i know the intention of the statement.   Dyslexia I have heard can be very painful for the eyes and frustrating to write down thoughts on paper.

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Quoting frndlyfn:

i just do the best i can..i do have eye issues to.but after 36 year i have lured to deal .
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:34 AM
My DD might be dylexia too. & the school therapist won't talk to her. But my DD's DR demands the school to help but they won't!

I understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM

i understand. i know you do the best that you can!

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

thanks for the info.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I'm horrible at spelling. I wouldn't even post in here or write an email if there wasn't spell check.

lasombrs
by Sara on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I can't spell because of my boston accent. The whole damn sound it out in your mind thing sucks!! You know how many extra letters and "ah" sounds I add to words that way :/ I never can spell things correctly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)