I need help to find the right words...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm making a wooden box. This box is going to be filled with  memories of my once best friend. I actually haven't seen her in six years, we only had FB messages and phone calls a few times, and the last time we spoke was a year ago. She passed away and her parents came to my house the other day so we could talk. They live in a different state, so they had to come here and take care of everything. Her mom gave me some of her ashes. I felt honored, but completely undeserving considering the fact her and I haven't been in touch. However the night I received them I got this rush of ideas of what I had to do, so much so that I couldn't even sleep because I was thinking about it. I felt like it was a sign that it's okay for me to have them. Anyways, I need help figuring out what to put on the outside. It's definitely going to have her picture, but I want a saying, poem, or quote. I HATE RIP, so I want to stay away from that. Any ideas are appreciated. 

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM

did you guys have any favorite sayings?  a favorite song you both liked?  something along those lines.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss. And I don't think you should feel undesserving. You shared a special time in eachother's lives ((hugs))

i'm not so great with words in these types of situations, but I hope you can find something special.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

We had the same taste in music, it's funny because we went from singing the Back Street Boys, to the rock music once we were like 15. There are a few songs I can think of that I could probably go through and take lyrics from. 

Quoting lizzig:

did you guys have any favorite sayings?  a favorite song you both liked?  something along those lines.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Thank you. 

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I'm so sorry for your loss. And I don't think you should feel undesserving. You shared a special time in eachother's lives ((hugs))

i'm not so great with words in these types of situations, but I hope you can find something special.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Im so sorry for your loss. :( all these posts are making me sad and scared. Im not very creative though so im not sure what to put on the box.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

A single rose can be my garden, but a friend can be my world.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM

A friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

The greatest gift of life is a friendship and I have received it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: