Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

memorial funds

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 19 Replies

i posted earlier about a boy i knew who was killed last wednesday.  a family friend set up a memorial fund at a local bank, which i see often with unexpected deaths.  i've always wondered what the memorial fund is for.  is it to help the family pay for the unexpected funeral & medical costs?  is it a way to help the family out without just handing them a check? 

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Im not sure at all...maybe a bit of everything?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I think ithelps with the funeral.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I think so, yes.. to pay for funeral arrangements and because the parent are probably not going to work so they have none paid days.. thats what I think.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

They're all different. Sometime's it is for funeral costs, and sometimes it's to help the family get by (if the death was an adult) until things get back to some sort of order.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I think it's to help with funeral costs and those types of expenses like if they have to take time off work or something

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Most of the ones I have seen set up are to help with funeral cost and if there are children of the person who passed away its to help them pay for future schools and other stuff in life
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I assume memorial funds are to pay for the funeral. Funerals are so expensive. Paying for them out of pocket is a huge financial burden. 

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I think it's to help with the cost of everything(medical bills, funeral, help the family).

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I think most of them are for either funeral costs, to help the family with not being able to work, for their children if it was an adult that died passed away, etc. It is definitly to help the family out though one way or another.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I would guess for the funeral

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)