Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm doing it.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 61 Replies
I am hiring a housekeeper.

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

She will start next week. I just need to wait for her to call back with a day/time that works with her schedule. I am going to have her come bimonthly. I am thrilled. I have been so busy with chauffering the kids, babysitting twice a week, training for my triathlons, and keeping up with the laundry and all cooking. I barely have time for basic picking up and everyday cleaning... the BIG cleaning jobs are just no getting done nearly enough. I finally convinced DH to let me hire someone to help. And he finally said yes! WOO HOO!

I am so, so excited.

Anyone else have a housekeeper?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

How lucky for you,
None here but we use to have someone clean a while ago :)

Bradensmommy719
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope I do it. But you sound busy enough for 2 people lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Nice. I could really see how having someone just a couple of times a month for deep cleaning would help keep on top of everything. 

We don't have anyone clean for us, though. Just me. :)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Nice
Lindalou907
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a housekeeper, good for you! You will love coming home to a clean house and I have found that most of my clients start getting better and better at keeping things picked up and organized, it's just so much easier when you don't have to worry about the standard of cleanliness so much. And you can entertain more if you like!

chillemi78
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this
We have someone come every couple months to do a good scrub and then I just maintain with wiping up and the light stuff. You will find its well worth it!
mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:48 AM

No houskeeper here. My dh usually bitches every so often I dont clean enough and he will hire someone.. Im still waiting

mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

I just clean my own house, I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it. Plus DH is basically a built in cleaning lady and he deep cleans the house pretty often. He also cleans the cars. Bit of a wrench when he's gone (military) because then I have to do it... boo. Maybe I should insist on getting Merry Maids once a month when he's gone? That seems fair right? LOL.

powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Kudos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Im happy for you! I wish I could have someone come and give me a hand, but since I dont work I guess my husband believes I can handle the hosue, kids and school :/   besides he works so much I would feel bad asking to hire someone.

but Its good you have the chance to :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN