Group Home

well lice has hit our house!!!HELP

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 21 Replies
ok so i have a few questions..

how soon after exposure can you get nits... how long does it take for eggs to hatch. and if only one person in the house has it and its just starting would you treat everyone ds is 4 and dd is 3.

if treated what can "Replenish" the hair from treatment.. and i do plan to get tea tree oil and add it to our shampoo..

Also after you treat your hair is it suppose to be itchy still if so for how long?
tia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I havent had it in a good while but I usually buy a kit, treat everyone. wash all bed clothes and spray the couch, pillows matress and car seats down with lice spray. 

also keep a good eye on hair for a week or so after, they can re infect.

holmes212
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
i havent had it for a good prob 10 yrs either so its been a long time and i was like 15 last time i had it if that

Quoting Leelee1008:

I havent had it in a good while but I usually buy a kit, treat everyone. wash all bed clothes and spray the couch, pillows matress and car seats down with lice spray. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

my oldest brought it home in kindergarent, that was the last time we had it here, and he is now in 6th grade.

Quoting holmes212:

i havent had it for a good prob 10 yrs either so its been a long time and i was like 15 last time i had it if that

Quoting Leelee1008:

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

never had it, sorry I'm no help

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

rather than doing the box treatments you could try olive oil, it's supposed to drown the lice.  Comb out eggs after treatment.  I heard coconut oil works too.

holmes212
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
ya i just hate to use chemicals because i have not seen anything in anyones hair but mine. i treated mine. i had 1 bug and 2 eggs and thats all. so its just starting

Quoting Kainalu55:

rather than doing the box treatments you could try olive oil, it's supposed to drown the lice.  Comb out eggs after treatment.  I heard coconut oil works too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I would talk to a pedi, not so sure!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Treat everyone, wash all bedding, coats, etc. They have spray for couches & stuff that is to big to wash. Stuff animals should be bagged up for a month. You will need to pick each egg out of the hair after treating, it will take a long time. Check the hair at least daily. Seeing that it is your hair have someone check for you. They like to live in the hair behind the ears and the top of the neck area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
the thing i find odd is when i had my head checked and found i had it they found 1 darker color egg well white egg but has a black spec in it so im assuming a baby bug.. and after we treated we only found 1 bug and 1 nit? that just seems odd there was so little (No Complaining At All) but just seems odd to me. i know ive obviously caught it really early but seems like there would be more than that w/ how bad it itched. but we checked 3 times

Quoting MamaMandee:

Treat everyone, wash all bedding, coats, etc. They have spray for couches & stuff that is to big to wash. Stuff animals should be bagged up for a month. You will need to pick each egg out of the hair after treating, it will take a long time. Check the hair at least daily. Seeing that it is your hair have someone check for you. They like to live in the hair behind the ears and the top of the neck area.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Never had it, good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690