Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Sneaker Time

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 65 Replies

For those of us who are shoe fans, it's that tough time of year between "boot time" and "sandal time." Boots look too heavy for this time of year, but you'll freeze your tootsies off in sandals. That's where sneakers/canvas shoes come in.

Maybe it's just because I really wanted some this year, but it seems there are a quintillion cute sneakers out there this spring. Here's five that caught my eye:

These classic canvas sneakers are awesome in this bright purple...although they're such a classic look you could buy them in any and all colors. (KMart, $12.99).

Who knew Marimekko and Converse would look great together? A friend posted these on Facebook and I knew they had to be mine, and I have gotten a million compliments every time I wear them. Warning: If you do not have dainty little feet, these can look like clown shoes. Mine do, but I love them so much I don't care. (Zappos, $56).

Preppy looks are all over this year. I like these Rocket Dogs because while the plaid says "prepster" the high walls and frayed edges keep them from being too country club. (Zappos, $44.95).

Keds have a certain nostalgic appeal (I still fondly remember my red Keds from when I was five) and these super cute gingham oxfords bring this retro look right in line with today. These would look great with a linen skirt or broken-in cutoffs. (Delia's, $44.50).

Melding the preppy trend and the espadrille craze, these bright lace-ups from Michael Kors are a little pricey, but would work at the office for casual Fridays and all weekend long. (Zappos, $99).

Which ones do you like? Are you into the sneaker trend?

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Those in the pic are cute & Im a huge Converse fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I wish the canvas shoes had better sole supports in them.  LOL.  I saw skechers had a keds inspired shoe out so may go that route.  I need running shoes as well since mine do not fit well.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I wish the Keds style shoe had better support! I'd buy them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:36 AM

love a good pair of sneakers!

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM

I can't stand sneakers.  I need me some heels!!

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Same here. I have flat feet and can't wear them.

Quoting jconney80:

I wish the Keds style shoe had better support! I'd buy them!

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I keep a pair of keds in my office. We can't drive our fleet vehicles if our shoes don't have a back or heel strap. I usually don't wear sneakers any other time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I wear sneakers all the time.

I prefer skate shoes because I have wide feet, they offer alot of cushion & support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM

i like them..need to get a new pair sometime

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM

not a fan of this style

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN