Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chronic ear infections

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 30 Replies
My Son will be 1 on Sunday. He has had so many ear Infections since 2 weeks old that I have lost count. He has been on multiple antibiotics including shots. He has ruptured his ear drums. He had tubes in February and has had 3 ear infections since. The last 2 infections we have just treated with antibiotic drops. Now he woke up again today with a low grade fever, fussiness, and ear drainage. No one has ever smoked around him and until like the last week he has been on soy formula. He is now a whole milk. Idk what else to do to prevent them. Anyone else ever had these problems?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM
The tubes made a huge difference for us, I'm really sorry it's not working as well for your son. :-( Has your ENT talked about his adenoids or tonsils at all? We ended up having those out when we went for the second year of ear tubes.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I havent but have known others who have. They had the tubes put in their kids ears and it helped 100%

momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM
No they haven't said anything about them.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

The tubes made a huge difference for us, I'm really sorry it's not working as well for your son. :-( Has your ENT talked about his adenoids or tonsils at all? We ended up having those out when we went for the second year of ear tubes.
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Tubes helped my other boys so I was hoping it would him.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I havent but have known others who have. They had the tubes put in their kids ears and it helped 100%

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I'm the same way, I'm 27 and I've had ear infections all my life and I've had tubes over 10 times. The best thing I can do is just not to get water in my ears no matter what.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Do you see an ENT or just a pediatrician/family practitioner?

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Samanthamommy
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I'm sorry! I'm not sure!

AromaDrops33
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I'm so sorry your son is going through this....poor little guy. My son had to get tubes as well for multiple ear infections. They caused him to have fiberal seizures because they caused high fevers. This went on for 3 years straight until I was introduced to DoTerra essential oils. Melalueca essential oil is great for ear infections and is safe on small children. Since I have been using this on my son he has had no infection in over a year.

good luck mama! If you'd like more info I'm here!

momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM
We see a ENT

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Do you see an ENT or just a pediatrician/family practitioner?

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Thanks and good luck with your infections.

Quoting WillsMOM72:

I'm the same way, I'm 27 and I've had ear infections all my life and I've had tubes over 10 times. The best thing I can do is just not to get water in my ears no matter what.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)