Group Home

Smarter Style: Purse Envy

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 61 Replies

I can look all around any store, but I am always drawn to one area...the bag area. Yup, I dig purses. Totes, clutches, shoulder bags. I like them. Probably because most of my wardrobe is pretty neutral, I find that the accessories are so important in pulling together a look...and what I use to tote around my laptop, snacks, Purel, epi pens and everything else is part of that. I usually opt for bigger purses - totes, hobos, and so on, just because I do haul around a lot (remember, I don't have a car to toss stuff in). So, always on the lookout, I spotted these new lovelies...

This tote I spotted on Mango.com is kinda perfect for spring. I usually don t-shirt and jeans, so the snakeskin bottom will bump my chic factor up a notch or two...and the ivory leather top is summery and cool.

A light tan can go with anything and not look as "heavy" as a black tote. From LastCall.com, I like how the sides can be tucked in on the Neiman Marcus brand tote, yet it still can hold a ton of stuff.

When I don't have to lug around 17 pounds of Life Stuff, the larger clutch/crossbody is perfect. I'm digging this navy blue-ish one from Amazon. It is large enough to hold a phone and some other stuff, but not too big for a night out.

What kind of purse do you have (take a pic!)? Do you need a new one....what are you eyeing?

ŠiStockphoto.com/MaleWitch 

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I do need a new one,
I look all the time but can never find what I want :(

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I need a new one bad. Mine is falling apart

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I love purses! My favorite is one that my friend gave me last year from Brooklyn Industries... It is purple with moths printed on it.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM

i have a brown leather one from tj maxx and a few other random ones, usually target or walmart brand, nothing too fancy

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Cute purses!

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the one from, LastCall.

I currently have this bag....

• Proposal Box Satchel

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM

This is what I am currently carrying.... got it at TJMaxx last fall

Large enough to carry my wallet, my business wallet, my Kindle Fire, a small appointment book, a small make-up bag (w/lotion, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, lip stick), a second small make-up bag (this one w/pens, pencils, etc...), my cell phone, my coupon carrier (when I go grocery shopping), business cards.  I think that is about it....  Maybe the occasional toy too.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I am thinking I would like something either hot pink or lime green this summer for something fun. I like this one... but I don't exclusively wear gold, and I am just OCD enough that it might bug me.

Or this one.... But, again, I am hesitant to carry a patterned purse, but I do like the color.  I typically carry a solid purse, but then coordinate my "inside bags" - wallets, makeup bags, etc to match the purse.  Is that too much??

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I like the look of them, but I usually casrry a small purse. If I have a larger one I just fill it up and then it's so heavy and cumbersome. lol

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I do not have a purse and am not looking at getting one right now I have a diaper bag that has a mommy spot that I keep my things in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80