Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Instagram! Who’s On It?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

I kind of owe this post to my buddy Aidan (writer/author/mama to three girls). For months, she would tell me she was in loveloveLOVE with Instagram. You know, the app that allows you to create cool photos you take on your phone and then post them for fellow Instagram peeps to see...and you can tweet them and post them to Facebook, all at the same time.

I was pretty reluctant, as Aidan is a great photographer, and I just thought, "Well, what am I going to take pics of anyway?" But I gave it a shot (no pun intended)...and now, yes, I am in loveloveLOVE with Instagram too.

It really makes sharing little bits of my day supereasy. Point, click, make it look jazzy and then add a caption. Done and done. It's obviously great to share photos of the kiddo or cool things I spot roaming the city. And the great part is, you can pick and choose how much you share, where you share it, and which pics you pass along.

Even Kiddo has gotten into it. She knows we can take a picture and then "add the stuff to it"...meaning add a frame and cool coloring or switch it to black and white, what have you. All pretty fun for us to do together. I have to admit, she's got a pretty good eye...check out this shot she took and we created together:

And I nabbed this one on the subway:

Are you on Instagram? Do you take pictures with your phone?

©iStockphoto.com/ pressureUA                   

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Not me :)

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Nope not with the controversy it had..i just take my pics and upload to facebook...

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I am but I don't use it

mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM
I use instagram pretty often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Quoting lil_mama06:

Nope not with the controversy it had..i just take my pics and upload to facebook...

Instagram is owned by Facebook, and the controversy was because reading comprehension is so rare these days it should be classified as a super power. I might also add that Facebook has a TOS that is worded almost identical to the one on Instagram that caused people to freak out.

I'll try to dig up the article that explained it really well.

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I don't have a smart phone.  The camera on my phone is s*** and I can't download them, anyway.

fraujones
by Amanda on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I am. It's fun. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Just joined recently, it's pretty fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Not me. I don't even understand it, is it a phone or computer thing? 

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Not me. I can't figure it. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)