Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summertime activities in your state

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 55 Replies
I live in Michigan. We have lots of lakes so we like to go to the lake ( I prefer Lake Michigan) for the day or go camping. We also have a theme park Michigan Adventures that I want to take the kids to this year.
What is there to do in your state??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahmetz
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

well I live in maryland. I'm still kind of new to the area but theres some zoos I would love to take my kid to, the aquarium too. I guess theres the beach too but thats like two hours away by bus but thats alright. I dont mind the bus ride though it would be worth it.  so thats some funness that we can do this summer as a family. we like to camping, hiking and everything imaganable out side. 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Florida surfing, swimming and just enjoying the beaches. Boating. Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, and other theme parks. Visit Cape Canaveral, the Keys for snorkeling and diving. Swamp buggy rides. Swim with te dolphins at MarineLand. Visit St Augustine, the country's oldest city. See a race at the Daytona Speedway. See the manatees at Blue Springs park. Lots of ethnic and food related festivals every weekend. History and art museums. So much to do.  

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I live in Colorado. There is a ton to do, especially outside. Hiking, biking, zoos, botanical gardens, Red Rocks Ampitheater, Boulder, Chatauqua and the Flatirons, Garden of the Gods, Rocky Mountain National Park, Great Sand Dunes NP, Dinosaur NM, and the list goes on. Pluse a myriad of state parks and resevoirs, and places to see bald eagles.

mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I use to vacation in Flordia as a kid. My dh has never seen the ocean so it's a goal of mine to vacation there with my family soon :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Florida surfing, swimming and just enjoying the beaches. Boating. Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, and other theme parks. Visit Cape Canaveral, the Keys for snorkeling and diving. Swamp buggy rides. Swim with te dolphins at MarineLand. Visit St Augustine, the country's oldest city. See a race at the Daytona Speedway. See the manatees at Blue Springs park. Lots of ethnic and food related festivals every weekend. History and art museums. So much to do.  

mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Sounds fun, I heard maryland is beautiful.

Quoting sarahmetz:

well I live in maryland. I'm still kind of new to the area but theres some zoos I would love to take my kid to, the aquarium too. I guess theres the beach too but thats like two hours away by bus but thats alright. I dont mind the bus ride though it would be worth it.  so thats some funness that we can do this summer as a family. we like to camping, hiking and everything imaganable out side. 

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Mountains, trails, hiking and biking, farmers market, pools. I live on the western slope of Colorado.
mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My dh wants to visit Colorado, sounds like there is lots to do if we decided to vacation there :)

Quoting balagan_imma:

I live in Colorado. There is a ton to do, especially outside. Hiking, biking, zoos, botanical gardens, Red Rocks Ampitheater, Boulder, Chatauqua and the Flatirons, Garden of the Gods, Rocky Mountain National Park, Great Sand Dunes NP, Dinosaur NM, and the list goes on. Pluse a myriad of state parks and resevoirs, and places to see bald eagles.

mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I lived on the mountain in AZ, mountains are fun :)

Quoting heydooney:

Mountains, trails, hiking and biking, farmers market, pools. I live on the western slope of Colorado.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I am in fl. We have disney,sea world,bush gardens and more. Lots of beaches

mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I love Flordia, so fun :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

I am in fl. We have disney,sea world,bush gardens and more. Lots of beaches

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)