Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Ladies "weekend" question.....

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 61 Replies

My SIL, and 2 of our friends have asked me to go on a weekend ladies night... drive to a city about 3 hours away, and do stuff like go shopping, eat, and have a few drinks, and stay the night there in a motel, and then come home the next day.  I have never done anything like this really, where I stayed the night away from my kids without hubby.  I have a 3 yr old and she's a major mama's girl, too, so of course that'll make it hard for hubby - she's also NOT a good sleeper and ALWAYS wants me when she wakes in the night.  My hubby also thinks it's kinda silly for grown, married, women to do stuff like this, and that we just shouldnt go so far away, and then we wouldnt have to stay the night.  He says he's also worried for my safety.  Anyway, what do you think?  Would you want to go , or would you go?  I kindof want to go because it sounds like it could be fun, but I also think I might just be homesick.  Hmmm.....

***UPDATE:  I did go, and I'm very happy I did.  I had a great time!  And even hubby could tell from the pics how happy I was, and said I should go again!  :)  Thanks again everyone!!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Heck ya I would go! Have some fun!!!

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go. You'll have lots of fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

There'd be no doubt in my mind to go do it! You deserve to have some just straight girl fun! Nothing wrong with it at all. Heck my friend and I went to Branson (about a 2-3 hr drive away) stayed in a hotel and had a lot of fun. Went to a museum, shopping, out to eat, a winery. Was a lot of fun. We both plan on doing it again. I think you'll really enjoy yourself but if you're really worried about it then you shouldn't do it.

fairybaby55
by Sara on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM

It's not that I'm worried I guess.... I just wish I had my husband's "blessing" ya know?  He woulnd't STOP me from going, but if he's not that happy about it, then it's hard for me to be, ya know? 

Quoting SammiBaby:

There'd be no doubt in my mind to go do it! You deserve to have some just straight girl fun! Nothing wrong with it at all. Heck my friend and I went to Branson (about a 2-3 hr drive away) stayed in a hotel and had a lot of fun. Went to a museum, shopping, out to eat, a winery. Was a lot of fun. We both plan on doing it again. I think you'll really enjoy yourself but if you're really worried about it then you shouldn't do it.

teamwilson
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been and it was nice to get away. I called my babies and talked to them before sleeping. One night with dad is fine.
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Go and have fun!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
4 moms liked this

It sounds like this would actually be good for all of you. Healthy, safe separation will be good for your daughter, and it would be good for your DH to see that he can handle it.

This would NOT be my idea of fun, but isn't it nice that we all have different interests and personalities? I do the occasional fun getaway for myself... Last year a friend and I went on a three-day backpacking trip, and the year before I went on a scrapbooking weekend. I did struggle with mommy guilt, especially when my son cried a lot on the phone. So many times, we want to be everything to everyone if we can. But taking care of yourself is healthy, and it's a healthy model for the rest of your family as well.

Sorry your husband isn't being supportive, but if you want to do it, I would give it a try. Even if you're homesick, it's only one night. You can all stay in and do something low-key when you get home the next day.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I myself couldnt do it .. just because its hard for me to leave my boys .. however i totally think it sounds fun !

SammiBaby
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I understand. Maybe use it as a way for you to get some relaxing time away and your husband to spend some complete one on one time with your daughter. Give him the moment to kind of show her that being away from mom especially when with Dad isn't always a bad thing. Is it something you're really interested in doing? Like do you think you'll enjoy yourself while gone?

Quoting fairybaby55:

It's not that I'm worried I guess.... I just wish I had my husband's "blessing" ya know?  He woulnd't STOP me from going, but if he's not that happy about it, then it's hard for me to be, ya know? 

Quoting SammiBaby:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fairybaby55
by Sara on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Yeah that's a good idea.  Yeah I think I would have fun... even though I really haven't done anyhting like this since I was single.   

Quoting SammiBaby:

I understand. Maybe use it as a way for you to get some relaxing time away and your husband to spend some complete one on one time with your daughter. Give him the moment to kind of show her that being away from mom especially when with Dad isn't always a bad thing. Is it something you're really interested in doing? Like do you think you'll enjoy yourself while gone?

Quoting fairybaby55:

Quoting SammiBaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN