Smarter Style: What Makes You Feel "Done"?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 63 Replies

There are days when we have all the time and motivation in the world to do our hair, perfect our foundation and prettify our pout. Then there are the other days, when just getting out of the house in something other than your pajamas is a major victory.

But what about all the other in-between days, when you don't have time to do the full prettifying but don't want to be in total don't-care mode either? What makes you feel at least a little bit "done"?

For me, it's my hair. If I blow dry it straight and somewhat styled, I feel like I've made an effort and can adapt to the time available to me for everything else, even if I opt not to do the full flatiron treatment. If my hair looks good, I feel much better and more confident. If I have a few more minutes, I can do my basics (beauty balm, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner and concealer) and if I have even more time and motivation I can do more stuff for fun. For other people, their key thing is mascara or lipgloss or even perfume.

What makes you feel "done" even if you can't do anything else for your appearance?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Putting my hair in a ponytail and eyeliner...My hair is long, so if I sit and it's on put up, I'll pull my own hair..lol 

RobinChristine
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

blow drying my hair  straight and adding a hairband

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

lmfao brush my hair.

I really don't even have to brush it to be honest. It, surprisingly, never gets tangled. I don't really do much with my appearance. However, days like today I actually put my powder foundation on with some eye liner, mascara, and just a hint of shade. For no other reason than I felt like it. I felt very done today.

Thinking about doing it more often to just boost my esteem a bit.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM

as long as I have gel in my hair to tame the frizz since it is so humid and some concealer and lipstick, I am fine to go out just like that.  I have to have a little something done because any time I have gone out just looking tore up from the floor up, I have ALWAYS run into someone I know!

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Most days I put it in a pony tail and call it a day. LOL

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM

When I feel "done" is when I try to tame my natural curly frizzy hair. My daughter and I both have it and it is worse in the summer time with all the humidity. I usually try to let it grow long, but end up cutting my hair because it looks like a big fuzz ball and it gets more poofier as I let it grow out. I have tired several products in the past, but most don't do anything for my hair. When I am tired I usually just wear pjs to be comfortable.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too! Lol

Quoting Wish2Be:

Most days I put it in a pony tail and call it a day. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I feel good if my hair is straightened and my mascara is on

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I concur ;)

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I feel good if my hair is straightened and my mascara is on

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really do a lot in terms of getting myself made up... I'd say what makes me feel done is if I've run a brush through my hair and done something with it, even if it's just a simple ponytail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

What is your family's favorite springtime activity?