A friend just spent $55 for a pair of Nikes for her 2 1/2 year old son.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 543 Replies
2 moms liked this

Curious!  A friend just spent $55 for a pair of Nikes for her 2 1/2 year old son.  I silently lost my mind.  Likely he won't spend 6 months in those shoes.

Do you buy brands like Nike, Adidas, or even Stride Rite  for your kids under the age of 6 say? Or do you stick to the cheaper brands because you know they won't be in them long?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM
10 moms liked this

I will if they are on clearance for really cheap or I get them second hand. Usually I pass shoes that survive down to my younger kids. Atleast with my girls

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
4 moms liked this
I buy stride rites, merrels, Keens, etc. They are all high end brands but I refuse to pay more than $20-30. I buy them on clearance for the next season.
I have foot/ankle problems the doctors cannot figure out. We don't know if they will pass to my kids so we keep good shoes on their feet. I'm very picky about their shoes. There must be toe space, the sole must be flexible, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
9 moms liked this
I buy my children brand name shoes. But I can usually find good deals with coupons, sales and the outlet mall.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I buy brand name and cheap sneakers Nikes actually hold up really well where some cheaper shoes fall apart faster. There some shoes like Stride Rite they I am willing to pay for regardless.
icn_mom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
5 moms liked this

my daughter has never owned a cheaper brand of sneaker... i dont wear them (nor have i ever), why would i put my daughter in them? :) what I do for me I do for her.

KimmyShaw
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
12 moms liked this

Yes, I did. I can afford it and they are better for her feet. *shrugs*

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I don't unless they are second hand. Grandma has bought some good shoes for ds but she got them on clearance.

My son will be 2 in June and i know he needs good shoes, but I can't afford to buy him expensive shoes every couple of months. I think most shoes are supposed to be replaced after 6 months anyway (that's what they tell me when i go shoe shopping, of course they want you to buy shoes more often so they make more money).
styler7
by Stacey on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM
7 moms liked this
I purchased a $44 pair of stride rites for one of my 18m old twins yesterday. I'm not big into brands, but I love their shoes especially for kids who are just starting to walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Krissy on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I did and do.  I don't think 55 bucks is a lot for shoes (that aren't sandals).  My shoes cost that much though.  I buy them the same quality shoes I would wear.

godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Yes, I did. I can afford it and they are better for her feet. *shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: