Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you gross, if you don't shower first thing in the morning?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 463 Replies
3 moms liked this

I saw a post yesterday where a mom had said she hadn't showered at 2 in the afternoon when the school nurse had called and some of the replies showed moms were pretty appalled by it.

I didn't think it was that huge of a deal, especially if you are planning to stay at home all day. I personally don't always have a chance to shower first thing. I am a not a morning person and have a hard time getting out of bed some mornings just to get the kids up for school, let alone 15 minutes earlier to take a shower.

What do you do? Do you shower first thing in the morning? Do you think it's gross if someone doesn't shower until 2 in the afternoon?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
24 moms liked this
I shower at night, I can't stand taking a shower in the morning.
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting cjsmom1:

I shower at night, I can't stand taking a shower in the morning.

I often shower at night, too, even if I had already showered that day, I like to shower again.

rory10
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Normally  I shower first thing unless I sleep later, then it depends on the plans for the day. Normally I just shower every other day, except obviously when I'm a little extra dirty. How does the school know if maybe she was doing some deep spring cleaning or painting or something like that all day?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I shower after a bit in the mornings :)

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
8 moms liked this
I shower first thing in the morning on work days. If I'm not going to work then I put it off until later in the day.
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't shower first thing in the morning.

OneAllergicMama
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I shower when I have the opportunity to do so before 4pm (too late and it causes insomnia issues).  I try to clean first thing in the morning when my MIL is occupying my daughter so no, it will sometimes be when my daughter is napping and before the bus comes in the afternoon.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
16 moms liked this

i rarely shower in the mornings. lOl.. I shower at night when everyone else is in bed, quiet and not needing something.

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't shower in the mornings unless there's somewhere special we need to be. Normally I shower at night.
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
7 moms liked this

nope I normally shower at night because I dont like going to bed dirty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)