Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 year old drama?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 31 Replies
Hi ladies...

I am having a huge issue with little miss drama lately. I dont know how to get through to her or punish her. I will not tolerate the back talk, rolling of her eye, and slamming of the doors. I would take the door off but she shares a room with her almost 8 year old sister.

Please help.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Anyone dealing with the same issues?

DropZoneMom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Well....from your post, I truly feel SORRY for her.   Your signature brags about your "little prince Henrik" being 3-1/2, but doesn't mention your daughters.    I'm guessing she's STARVING for your attention.   Perhaps if she received some, she wouldn't be "little miss drama".   Hoping to God you don't call her that to her face -- but guessing you probably do.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Well....from your post, I truly feel SORRY for her.   Your signature brags about your "little prince Henrik" being 3-1/2, but doesn't mention your daughters.    I'm guessing she's STARVING for your attention.   Perhaps if she received some, she wouldn't be "little miss drama".   Hoping to God you don't call her that to her face -- but guessing you probably do.

She isnt my daughter. I only have one child. Thanks for your absolute usless response. I dont need bashing or drama. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you bash often?

CafeMom Tickers
yanamom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Bingo, she's looking for attention, since YOU only have 1 child. I also feel sorry for her, living with some one who obviously does not care or love her, just because SHE is not HER child!

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Who is the child you are speaking of?  That way i know best to help.  What discipline methods do you use when she does not follow other rules of the household?

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Quoting yanamom:

Bingo, she's looking for attention, since YOU only have 1 child. I also feel sorry for her, living with some one who obviously does not care or love her, just because SHE is not HER child!

Wrong again. I dont live with her.

I take care of them during the week. My sister is putting their punishments in my hands during the week while she and her husband work 2 jobs.

She gets plenty of attention. All the time. Infact she gets soo much attention that she even acts out in school and she pretends to throw up so she automatically gets sent home from school on a regular basis. Therapy is not an option. Her younger sister however is the complete opposite...she is fine with the attention she receives...she is a straight A student and all is well.

I love her very much . We even do make up and play board games when homework is done. We have baked together and watched her favorite movies together. For her last 2 birthdays I have taken her to the spa for a pedicure....we have a great bond. Her sister and I do too.

Now do I have to spill out my whole life story to get an answer here or are people going to keep being negative towards me?

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Who is the child you are speaking of?  That way i know best to help.  What discipline methods do you use when she does not follow other rules of the household?

She is my niece. I have full rein on punishments given to me by both parents.

Currently she goes to her room for 10 minutes to calm down. She also gets snacks taken away from her and other privledges, but its very hard to take away her TV because her sister would feel punished too....I dont think I should send her to her room away from the tv for hours ....

CafeMom Tickers
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting frndlyfn:

She is my niece. I have full rein on punishments given to my by both parents.

See?  I was smart enough to ask who she was in relation.   I would be giving her serious toddler disciplines like time outs in the corner or on a chair.  You could also try having her right 40 times "I will listen to my aunt when spoken to" Or whatever sentence that fits the "crime".

I watch a 5 yr old on occasion and she will get a time out or loss of privelege while here.  The privileges are computer time, videos, a trip to the big park, etc.  I tell her if she chooses to act like a baby - full blown throw body to floor tantrums - then she will be treated as such.

An unusual disclipline method would be having her practicing opening/closing a door until she gets that slamming will not be tolerated.  Preferably a door that is not linked to a bedroom or bathroom so no one else gets too disturbed by any slamming.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Thanks for being smart :P

I am really liking the writting idea ! Thanks ! :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting frndlyfn:

See?  I was smart enough to ask who she was in relation.   I would be giving her serious toddler disciplines like time outs in the corner or on a chair.  You could also try having her right 40 times "I will listen to my aunt when spoken to" Or whatever sentence that fits the "crime".

I watch a 5 yr old on occasion and she will get a time out or loss of privelege while here.  The privileges are computer time, videos, a trip to the big park, etc.  I tell her if she chooses to act like a baby - full blown throw body to floor tantrums - then she will be treated as such.

An unusual disclipline method would be having her practicing opening/closing a door until she gets that slamming will not be tolerated.  Preferably a door that is not linked to a bedroom or bathroom so no one else gets too disturbed by any slamming.

CafeMom Tickers
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I figure 10 is old enough to understand the tediousness of it but not destroy any possible like or love they have for writing.  Remember it needs to be legible sentences not scribbles.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Thanks for being smart :P

I am really liking the writting idea ! Thanks ! :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN