Do you have a chore system at your house?  Is there a reward or allowance for doing the chores?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM

My oldest is 3 and she is to put her shoes away in her closet, put her bowls in the sink and put her clothes in the hamper. 

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Probably next year, I will give her some small chores like dusting her bookshelves or something easy for her to do.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

My kids had chores they had to do & were not paid :)

aubsmom09
by Erin on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Not yet, since dd is 3, but she does help me put away laundry, make her bed, load and unload the dishwasher and she cleans up her toys, books, etc. each day.

pamk5641
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My boys help me clean and they also make their beds and keep their room pretty neat.  When they see me cleaning they usually want to help too.  I give them about $5 per week plus money for ice cream at school every Friday. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Yes All Of My Kids Have Chores.Their Reward Is TV Time AndTablet TimeFor MyOlder Two.My Youngest Just Cooperates. We Get Them HelpingYoung.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

ds helps feed the dogs and clean up the toys every morning I need to think of a 3rd since he just turned 3

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM
We are trying to find a new system. He has things he has to do everyday and so.e that he needs to start doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

there used to be, but my boys have been slcaking soooo they get nothing unless they do something.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I started my boys out in a similar way. Some things were just part of being in the family, some were things they had to do for allowance. By the time they were teens, it was just automatic and they now have a good work ethic.

Quoting amyjane22:

I have set chores for my 6 year old for each day that he's not paid for (put away your laundry, put away the silverware from the dishwasher, make your bed, keep your bedroom and toyroom clean, clean up after yourself).  Then, I have chores I come up with each day that he's paid for at the end of the week ($5 per week).  Yesterday, he hooked his little brother's bib's on the back of the high chair (where I keep them) and filled up the soap dispensers.  Today, he took the compost out, cleaned up any toys from the yard, and pushed his brother in the swing while I mowed.  I'm trying to find other good things for him to do as chores.  He's good about helping most of the time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: