Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!!!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am super annoyed right now. 

We are getting our furnace replaced today.  DH told me it would take 3 hours (9-12).  Fine.  I made sure I was home all morning for it.  About 45 mins into it, one of the two men says he has to leave to go work on some emergency plumbing issue.  He leaves.  It's been one installer from then on.

It is now 2:20PM here in Chicago.  HE IS STILL WORKING. I have been sitting at my house since 9AM.  This is ridiculous.

Add to that... my period started today... and I also have a plum-sized ovarian cyst (so imagine how much more painful the cramping is than normal).  I am exhausted (as I usually am on cycle day 1).  I just wanted to take a FREAKING NAP during my boys' nap time...  but no!  Now my one son is already up and we leave in 45 mins to get DD from school.  I just wanted to close my eyes for 30 freaking minutes.

We are also supposed to go to this spring fun fair at DD's school tonight.  Of course DH cannot get home in time for that, so I get to drag 3 kids (5, 4 and 3 years old) by myself.  This is why I wanted to take time to relax this afternoon -- so I could power through the evening.

I am PISSED.  Seriously.  WTF?!  We've had shit weather for months on end... and it is FINALLY a nice, sunny, 65-degree day and we are stuck at the house from 9-2:30+.  Now I am mad at DH for throwing this on my plate today.  Earlier this week, we had 3-4 days of cold and/or rainy weather.  He chooses the first sunny, spring day to lock me at the house to babysit this HVAC guy. 

UGH!!!!  :(

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww that sucks :(
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry :(

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh that sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I'm so sorry!  I hope your DH does something nice for you like letting you sleep in tomorrow so you can get some extra rest. 

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Tell your dh that he owes you one!!

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM

im sorry things didnt go well for you today. maybe tomorrow will be another pretty day and you will get to take a nap. i used to take my three little ones everywhere i went also. now they are grown and i wish i had them little again.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope the couch is comfy for your hubby:)

Threes.Company
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I sure hope so!!!  Tomorrow is my birthday!! 

Quoting momofnatalie:

I'm so sorry!  I hope your DH does something nice for you like letting you sleep in tomorrow so you can get some extra rest. 

Threes.Company
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM

He did get home a little earlier, thank God.  I hope to convince him to take either all 3 kids or at least DD (alone) to this spring fun fair so I can relax at home tonight.  I do not really want to go!!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

sounds like a plan

Quoting Threes.Company:

He did get home a little earlier, thank God.  I hope to convince him to take either all 3 kids or at least DD (alone) to this spring fun fair so I can relax at home tonight.  I do not really want to go!!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)