Mid 40's wohm mom with one grown child. Am I a misfit?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am a mid forties mom with only one child at age 21 in college. I can't seem to get much responses (even from plus 40 groups). I'm currently trying to reinvent myself professionally.after being long term unemployed, trying to work up from fast food, into cashiering, back into banking, after being a bookkeeper.

Am I misfit on CM?

Thanks in advance
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you be a misfit Cafemom has a little bit of everyone on here. As far as wanting to reinvent yourself have you considered going back to school for a certificate or a 2 year degree. There is a group on here for Moms with adult children maybe they can give you some advice

Good luck.
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think anyone is a misfit here, you just haven't made the right connections here. I'm 66 (next week), raising a 6 year old, and I have made friends. The big thing with me is all the info and fun things you can find on here. Don't give up!

WeirdScience
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I've been through college, and still paying student loans.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a mid-forties WOHM mom of one child, an 18 y/o who is currently debating whether he should join the military or continue in school. Like you,  I want to return to the workforce after a prolonged abscene, but my skills are out of date, so I am currently back in school getting a second degree to make myself more employable in my chosen field.

What would you like to talk about?

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a mid-40's mom, too.  I have an in home daycare.  I have 1 adult child and 2 young children.

Have you considered doing volunteer work to boost your skills?  I am in charge of the money for a local music club and for our local Relay for Life.  Those types of positions would probably make you more marketable in the financial fields.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I will be 38 in June & also rejoining the work force this fall. Im a little nervous. I have been taking a few office related classes online. Especially since Im not sure what I want to do "when I grow up".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody is a misfit on here! Were here to help you and welcome you to the group :) We all have our different trials through life right now. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the site n the group

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

we are all here to share with each other n enjoy our time in this group

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think that makes you a misfit. I'm trying to change career fields & it's very hard right now. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: