Group Home

Mid 40's wohm mom with one grown child. Am I a misfit?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a mid forties mom with only one child at age 21 in college. I can't seem to get much responses (even from plus 40 groups). I'm currently trying to reinvent myself professionally.after being long term unemployed, trying to work up from fast food, into cashiering, back into banking, after being a bookkeeper.

Am I misfit on CM?

Thanks in advance
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-15):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

No your not a misfit.You will find the right group and will fit right in. Like this one!

RhiannonMare
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If anyone's a misfit on CM, it's me! I'm 52, have a 19 year old in college, I'm a Goth, a Pagan, inked, listen to heavy metal and started back in college in August. It can be difficult sometimes finding your right fit here on CM. I've joined so many groups and left a lot of them because I just didn't feel like I fit into them. It takes some time and effort, but you can find your way. This is a really nice group here because there are all kinds of women here from all walks of life and they are willing to talk about just about anything and offer support.

It can be difficult trying to reinvent yourself. I've had a lot of different jobs, but I knew that I wanted to work with animals and have worked as a kennel tech and as a vet assistant. My last job pushed me into returning to school so now I'm in the veterinary technology program so that I can become a licensed vet tech. I have tons of student loans to pay back and the government money is fast becoming unavailable to me, so I've been working my butt off to become eligible for scholarships. There's always a way to reach your goals. Sometimes you have to be creative in doing so. Please don't give up!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

you are not a misfit.. welcome to this group.. Im 34 and mom of a 10 and 11 year old..

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

no everyone has there ups and downbs. I have found you have to just relaly find the group that fits you and then you will have all kinds of things to talk about and thigns for peoplet to say. Like cooking, your fav tv show even. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I think there are many moms on here who are all different ages!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690