Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: My Birthday Wish

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

I woke up today and am a year older. Yup, today is my birthday...awwww, I can hear the chorus of "Happy birthday!"s from all of you, it's making me blush. It's funny as I am 41 this year, so no big parties like last year, no huge amount of fanfare happening, which is totally fine.  I believe there are two types of people: those folks that are big into birthdays and those that are not. Neither is better than the other, just what is it -- and I am in the latter category. 

But my husband, my family, various friends have asked what I wanted for my special day. And the truth is, I don't want anything really. I don't NEED anything. Wait. Scratch that. I do need a nice pair of black cigarette pants to make some items in my closet work, but it's tough for anyone to get that for me as I need to try them on and all...but I'm getting off the main subject.

The day is going to be a pretty usual day: work, house stuff, mommy-ing stuff, the usual. Really, the only thing I want for my birthday is to remember this day. To be able to think about it when I'm older (well, older than I am now) and remember it. Remember the days around it, how I felt, that I picked my kiddo up from school and had a fun afternoon with her. I want to be able to think and capture that memory of listening to her reading to me in her bed, snuggling as we sing our bedtime songs, the sound of her voice as she whispers "I love you, Mama." If only we could wrap a memory up in a box forever...

What did you wish for on your last birthday?

ŠiStockphoto.com/GenNealPhoto

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Happy birthday! I love the little moments on birthdays. My dd wrapped up part of her rock collection for me last year. Things like that are so sweet & better than a gift from the store.
critter_boo
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Happy birthday. I just wished for health. I love those little moments
wandep
by Pam on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Happy Birthday from Florida!!! Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

i dont remember what i wished for! i got to see some family on my bday

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

my birthday was April 20th i reallly jusy wanted to do nothing all day but go out and have a ncie dinner but that is not how the day went down

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Happy Birthday! The little things are what we treasure.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM

The only thing I wished for was to go down the shore, so I booked us a room and we went.

birthday sweetpea

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
23 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Happy Birthday,
I always wish the same things, LOL
Good health for my family & GF's for my sons :)

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I told my kids I wanted them to clean their rooms lol.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

My daughter could of come home...Maybe someday... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN