Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What has given you the most joy as a mother?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 179 Replies

Mother's Day is just a few weeks away! Take a few minutes today to reflect on some the special moments you've shared with your kids.

Then, tell us what has given you the most joy as a mother.

( ) CafeMom
Team

by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
The most joy is watching my son grow and learn. Everyday he surprises me with knowledge about random things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

My daughter's unconditional love! I love teaching her so much and watching her learn and grow!

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Some of the things that give me the most joy is teaching my kids and watching them grow and explore. They amaze me sometimes.

SlightlyPerfect
A party every day this weekend. I can't wait for fall and a freed-up calendar.
Today at 9:24 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
9 moms liked this

Believe it or not, my own mother.

I never knew what my mother did for me until I, myself, became a mother. To watch her with my daughter (who is 4), to see them play? It's just an amazing feeling. And I've always felt that way ever since I had my daughter.

Then my mom was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in February, and to come to the realization that all that would be taken away in a few short months to a year? It's the hardest loss I'll ever face.

Every day I have with my own mother is a gift. I never take advantage of it. That same sentiment is especially applicable to my daughter's life experience. To see them together and smiling and laughing is a true joy. I know it won't last for much longer, but I will take it as I can get it. 

And, honestly, the same applies to every other family member we have. My grandmother passed away last month, and we were very close. Seeing her and my daughter together was also a great joy. I want my daughter to know where she comes from and to always feel loved and appreciated. These women assured me that would happen, and now I vow to be a good mother in their honor.

slightlyperfect

Firenygirl180
What gives me the most joy is seeing the smile on my sons face every morning. He is learning new words everyday and he loves his baby sister. We have our rough days, but my son always makes me laugh.

i also love going to bed with no kids in my bed and waking up with 2 in there in the morning.
PurplePieguy

I'm a mother of 5....17, 14, 13, 12 & 6. They have taught me how to love unconditionally. I abosultely love watching each of them grow and learn as they go through the different phases of their lives. 

Wish2Be
A mommy to the best little boy in the world !
Today at 10:01 PM
by Michelle on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I absolutely Love being a mom. My son is 3.5 and he is truely amazing! Each stage has brought something new, fun, and exciting to each day! His smiles and giggles fill my heart with such happiness and light! Some of our favorite things to do is play sword fights in the living room ( or just about anywhere really), going to festivals and parks, and playing in water...pools, sprinklers, and lazy rivers. I cant wait to see what is next !
jessicasmom1

Seeing my DD grow to the beautiful stages of life , her loving ways, she is now 13 years old. I been a single mom since her being 14 months old .. what has she not done to surprise me everyday with her is awesome.

BethRae
I love watching my children grow and seeing their different personalities. I love how silly they are the things they say and do! My oldest daughter is 4 and she's just the smartest little girl and she's just so beautiful! My twin girls are 2 and I love how different they are. It just amazes me how I could have created such beautiful and amazing children. We are expecting our first boy and I love feeling him move and kick and it makes me just so thankful that god chose me to be a mom ;)
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

My name is Nicole. I am a mother of 2 Gabriel is 4 years and Brylee just turned 3. I absolutely adore my children, watching them grow and learn new and exciting things and just coming into their own personalities. I have such wonderful memories of each child that it is so hard to just pick one lol. My fondest memory of Gabriel was just recently. He is smart as a whip but has been having some issues with counting, he just recently started counting to 10 with no mistakes. The first time he did it I cried....I know lol. It was a huge thing and I would not trade that moment for anything in the world,that look on his face,just pure pride. With my daughter it was this Christmas. She was 2 and it was just sinking in what Santa and Christmas really were. She woke up early Christmas and went out early to see if Santa had left her anything. The next thing I know she is squealing through the house "Santa came!!!!!" It was priceless. That is what it is all about those tiny moments that are really huge moments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)