Group Home

What did you purchase for this Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 156 Replies

We gave the moms of CafeMom a Kmart gift card and asked them to choose some nice gifts for themselves and/or a dear mother in their lives. 

Check out all the fun things our influencer moms purchased at Kmart. 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

My mom, my dd, and I went shopping at Kmart over the weekend and these are the items we got. None of them were on my wish list but all of them were on sale and the pots were even discounted more because I'm enrolled in the rewards plan so that was awesome! My mom wanted capris for summer so she picked out 1 khaki pair and 1 black pair. We needed a couple new pots/pans with lids and these were a great price. We enjoyed shopping at the store, it's less than a mile away so we do shop there often. The staff was helpful, the store was clean and well stocked. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

SlightlyPerfect
Chanting. "4 more weeks."
Yesterday at 8:14 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
8 moms liked this

I thought long and hard about how to really stretch this gift card (including using coupons and my accumulated Shop Your Way Rewards points!), and since I have done next to nothing for myself in these past 12+ weeks, I wanted to get myself something special as well, something fitting and well-deserved, something I'd use. So?

First and foremost, let me say that today I found an amazing-fitting pair of jeans! I am short, so finding jeans is a tiring excursion. And finding them at a good price? Next to impossible. But here I am in the Route 66 curvy fit flared jeans! They fit so well, it's insane. I'm going back later this week for another pair. (Sorry the pic is blurry. My daughter was jumping like a frog.)

And if you're wondering about my daughter, let me tell you how it went down. As soon as we walked in, I said, "Here, DH, you take DD for a bit. I need to look for my mom." Girls, not even 5 minutes later, my daughter just about attacks me in the jean section to tell me she wants this shirt.

5 minutes with her daddy, and this is what I get. Ugh. Whatever. It's on clearance. Fine. Put it in the cart, Lulu.

So I was all like, "Awesome! Onward!" Jeans = Confidence

So we move on. I must have walked the entire store about 5 times trying to select something for my mom, with my daughter in tow apologizing for how awesome she is.

But then I found this,

and I was all like, "Hello, DH." And he was like,

And I was like,

"You're a total party pooper!"

And then for about 10 minutes after that, we had to hear from DD about her "poopy daddy." And then she ran away from DH, and he was quite exasperated.

Finally, we got to an aisle that had just what I was looking for: memory holders. I found the best collage photo frame that will match my mother's living-room decor at home.

I was so excited to be selected for this influencer, primarily because this will most likely be the last Mothers Day I get to spend with my mother. So I wanted to get her something special. The issue right now is that she is in a rehabilitation facility and will soon choose in-home hospice. She had a hemorrhagic stroke on February 7th from an up-until-that-point unknown form of terminal brain cancer. So every day I have with her is a bonus, including this Mothers Day. So I will update this post after I place the photos in the frames and give it to her.

And at the end, of course, I let DD pick out a lollipop. It was a very tough decision, especially because she spent at least 2 minutes asking me about "that lady on the magazine." And I was all like, "I don't even know who these people are, Lulu! Come on! We have to check out!"

So I want to thank you, CM and Kmart, for this opportunity to make this Mothers Day extra special for me and my mother. Again, I'll update this when I give her the final collage.

I'm also gonna try to get a good pic of me in these jeans, because OMGILOVETHEM.

slightlyperfect

bebe_ju-rah
Me too!!

Oh shoot- I can't add pics!! :(
Barabell
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I was really excited to actually spend some money on myself for once. 

I ended up buying two pairs of sunglasses, three casual shirts, and a new set of PJs. For all 6 items, it only cost me $53!! What a bargin!! The clothes are comfortable, and the sunglasses are stylish (and a bargin at buy one, get a second pair 50% off).

The item my mom asked for as a Mother's Day gift wasn't available at Kmart, so that is why I got to spend it on ME for once! Yay!! I really needed the new PJs and some new casual shirts. Definitely worked out great.

Here are the PJs:

Pink K Women's Pajama Shirt & Capris at Kmart.com

I got three Basic Editions tshirts like this one, but in different colors:

Basic Editions Women's Plus Relaxed-Fit T-Shirt at Kmart.com

These sunglasses:

Joe Boxer Tortoiseshell Butterfly Sunglasses at Kmart.com

and these sunglasses:

Jaclyn Smith Women's Frameless Sunglasses at Kmart.com

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

My mom, my dd, and I went shopping at Kmart over the weekend and these are the items we got. None of them were on my wish list but all of them were on sale and the pots were even discounted more because I'm enrolled in the rewards plan so that was awesome! My mom wanted capris for summer so she picked out 1 khaki pair and 1 black pair. We needed a couple new pots/pans with lids and these were a great price. We enjoyed shopping at the store, it's less than a mile away so we do shop there often. The staff was helpful, the store was clean and well stocked. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay I splurged on a nice makeup case for myself. I couldn't resist it!

Also bought myself some Jergen's Lotion and bubble bath :)

blondie.mom
by Charity on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Going to try to go this weekend! I busted my knee up last Friday, so I have to wait for a day dh is home to take me :) not gonna let these crutches stop me!

EDIT:

Today we went on our little Kmart shopping trip! We walked around for about 20 minutes, checking out the sales and different departments. After going back and forth, this is what I got. I have been wanting new dinnerware, we are still using Christmas plates/bowls right now, and our old ones were all mismatched. I love the look of square plates, so this is what I decided on. I wish the bowls were square as well, but the only set that had square bowls with it was a floral design that I was not too fond of. 

I'm not sure why this picture is upside down......soooo yeah. This is some odds and ends that I wanted. A large scoop for gardening, as of late I have been using old tupperware bowls for scooping soil and what not, so this is AWESOME. I also got a metal shovel, because my old plastic one broke at the handle. A spinning sprinkler, so that I don't have to water everything with the hose. Of course some maricle grow. I have some plants that my mom brought me to try to nurse back to health, so I'm hoping this will help. On the left is a squeaking mouse cat toy :) I love my kitties, and they are hilarious to watch chaseing our laser light, so I thought they might like this (and it will entertain me also!). Last in this picture is some packs of gum that were on clearance, and I can't pass a deal up!

I "got this for the kids"..........although I was the first to open it and chase them around with it :) I had to get it, you can use normal water/soda bottles to attach if you don't want to use the yellow water holder it comes with! It is going to be great this summer, I'll have all my refill bottles filled and ready to go, lol water fight!!!

These were the last items we got. They were all on clearance, so I loaded up. We have had unusually warm weather lately, and it's supposed to stay the same all week. My boys are always outside running around, so these will be perfect. 

I also used my shop your way rewards points to get an extra $6 off the entire purchase. I absolutely love our Kmart! Thank you so much for picking me to be a part of this!!! 

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Woohoo!! Stoked! Going after I get the cake finished so Im not rushed through shopping!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I'm going to buy the Hamilton Beach 8 qt crock pot that is on my wish list.  I'll buy it online, because I don't have a K-Mart near me.  There is one near our vacation home, but they don't have the best selection.  I'll post a pic when it comes!

mstrendygirl

So i went to kmart knowing what i wanted to buy and get. and bummer of course the sandals that i wanted they didnt have my size at all.they only had  the neon yellow & hotpink colors in my size and im not a real big fan of bright colors i tried them on but the colors werent something i would wear so i said ehhh no put them back. so i went on to the clothes section i saw some cute blouses i saw  online for some reason i could not find at the store.so i said well let me see if i could find the picture frames i want to get for my mom and they didnt have neither of the two i wanted to get.i had a lady helping me look and she said they probably only had them online. so after looking around. i couldnt really find anything that caught my eye.so i told my husband i will just look online instead.maybe i will have better luck with getting what i wanted online.we were going to go to another kmart but it was in another city a bitt far from where we live. but by then we were starving so i just told my husband that let's just go eat instead and i would shop online.so when i got home i went online and did some shopping and this is what i got.

I got these in white for myself

Bongo Women's Sandal Magda - White at Kmart.com

Got this sheer blouse in mint green with coral for myself

Love Your Style, Love Your Size Women's Plus Sleeveless Sharkbite Blouse at Kmart.com

Got this for my mom..i just sent her some pictures of all the grandkids that me and my sister took with our her kids and my lil one. so i know this will be a perfect frame for the picture.

Picture Frame - Grandkids at Kmart.com

I couldnt find any stud earrings that i really liked for my mom. so instead i ended up getting her a pretty  bracelet that i know she will love.

18K Gold Over Bronze Diamond Accent Heart Link Two Tone Bracelet at Kmart.com

Thankyou Cafemom for allowing me to be a part of this influencer program for kmart.i had fun shopping for myself aswell as for my mom.

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to Kmart on Friday afternoon. I was there from 1:30-2:30 and they were slammed! At least 20 or more people in line waiting to check out. I was a little disappointed at the selection of basically everything in the store. :( The bathing suits were crammed on one tiny rack in the jewerly department and I had to ask to find them. They didn't have the one I wanted but I think I found a cute one. I also wanted running shoes and they had no non-work shoes (that special brand for like nurses and stuff) in the whole store! I walked and walked up and down all the asiles and no sneakers at all. I finally found a tiny display in the center walkway of a clothing asile that had mens, womens and kids shoes on it and it had 5 pairs of women's sneakers in really bright annoying colors. Luckily the had one pair a 1/2 size bigger then my size that was black with only a small amount of neon blue on it. Nothing in my size at all. But I was happy with my lawn and garden purchases. The check out allowed me to break up my purchases into 2 transactions to use both my coupons ($5/25 lawn/garden and $5/35 anything). I saved a total of $21.75 and spent $6 in addition to my gift card. I also got bonus points for the bathing suit and got 5000 points for spending $50 :) and a coupon printed that if I redeem $2 in points in the next few days they will triple it to $6! awesome :)

Here is what I got

2 20 lbags of poting soil

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_635090801?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

2 sweet 100 tomatoe plants

Super Sweet 100 Tomato

2 strawberry plants

2 tin citronellea candles one blue one green

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_771735712?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Joe Boxer boy short bathing suit bottom

jackalyn smith tank bathing suit top. I really love the snake skin print and color. but didn't like the matching bottoms. The strap comes on and off to change the look

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_821014012?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Athletech sneakers

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_776658912?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys