Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Day

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 17 Replies

When: Always on May 2nd

Baby Day celebrates babies! At least we think it does. This day is recorded in countless internet websites and especially ecard companies. But, we found no content or information to define what this special day is truely about. Logic tells us that it's a day to enjoy and care for young infants. And,  it give us the opportunity to celebrate the miracle of birth and life.

Parents, especially new parents, can celebrate this day by spending extra time with your infant. After all, they will be babies for an all too short time. Also, learn more about how to care for them.

For young couples who have yet to have children, maybe today is a day to do something special so you will be able to enjoy Baby Day next year. Now that sounds like fun.

Did you Know? The movie Baby Day aired in 1913. It was a black and white silent movie.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I believe Russia declared a specific day for Baby Day to encourage breeding due to their dwindling population. I think last year they even gave a prize to the first one to deliver from their pregnancy on baby day.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Yikes I didn't know that!

Quoting Wish2Be:

I believe Russia declared a specific day for Baby Day to encourage breeding due to their dwindling population. I think last year they even gave a prize to the first one to deliver from their pregnancy on baby day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Quoting Wish2Be:

Crazy

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM

didnt know that was such a day but i enjoy my little man every day he will be ten months tmrw and omg did it go fast it makes me sad!

aubsmom09
by Erin on May. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Didn't know there was such a day, but my lo wasn't feeling great today so I got extra snuggles from her today.

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My little guy is on the mend from being sick, so he was super hyper and into everything.  We spend a lot of time together, but it was mostly me running after him, haha.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Quoting aubsmom09:

Didn't know there was such a day, but my lo wasn't feeling great today so I got exgra snuggles from her today.

Awww...

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Quoting amyjane22:

My little guy is on the mend from being sick, so he was super hyper and into everything.  We spend a lot of time together, but it was mostly me running after him, haha.

Glad he is doing better!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Quoting Stevensmomma:

didnt know that was such a day but i enjoy my little man every day he will be ten months tmrw and omg did it go fast it makes me sad!

I know! My grandson is already 7 months old

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Tfs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)