Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Mom’s Yearbook Photo Banned

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 460 Replies

Teen Mom’s Yearbook Photo Banned

Posted on: 6:06 pm, May 2, 2013, by updated on: 09:21am, May 3, 2013

A picture of a high school senior in North Carolina, holding her son, has been banned from the yearbook, according to WGHP.

The school invited seniors to include a prop in their senior picture that represents an achievement or something that best represents them.

Some chose baseballs and family pets. Caitlin Tiller, 17, chose her son, Leelin.

Tiller said the school told her the picture was being pulled because it promoted teen pregnancy.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candycrush
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
12 moms liked this

This is the photo......

MrsSamMerlotte
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
97 moms liked this
Nice prop lol. I think thats part of the problem, kids thinking babies are props or toys and not something permanent that will turn into a child and be at least an 18 year commitment.
BeachMommy07
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
5 moms liked this

he's so cute. I think it's ridiculous. I mean nowadays it's not shocking like it was back in the day for a high school girl to get pregnant. I mean, come on, TEEN MOM MTV anyone. We can't not say it's NOT happening. 

BeachMommy07
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

how is this a prop? 

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Nice prop lol. I think thats part of the problem, kids thinking babies are props or toys and not something permanent that will turn into a child and be at least an 18 year commitment.

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is a great picture,

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM
35 moms liked this

Great pic but I wouldn't want my teen seeing this and thinking that being a teen mom is cool or a baby is  a prop.. 

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I like the pic!

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
61 moms liked this

I think it would have been different if they had not been asked to bring in something that "represents an achievement or represents who they are."  If she had just wanted her school picture taken with her baby, okay, I would see the issue, but the school kinda (and literally) asked for it.

chillemi78
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM
26 moms liked this
This, plus she is there getting senior pics taken, indicating she is an active participant in school and has plans to graduate and its not like this is a shock, her classmates all know she has a baby!
I'm curious, if the father of the child is also a student, and if he posed with some sort of sports equipment or other prop, doesn't that just promote covering up the issue? Like let's just pretend he is nothing more than what this prop represents and not a teen father.

Quoting anotherandree:

I think it would have been different if they had not been asked to bring in something that "represents an achievement or represents who they are."  If she had just wanted her school picture taken with her baby, okay, I would see the issue, but the school kinda (and literally) asked for it.

TeamTARDIS
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
3 moms liked this
Her child is a prop?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN