Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Teachers Day

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM
  • 21 Replies

When :  Tuesday of the first full week of May

Everybody who does something good, important, and valuable deserves a day in their honor. Teachers certainly are among the more deserving. This day honors those hard working, patient and understanding people whom we entrust our children to. Teachers mold our kids in a positive direction, and affect who they are and who they become. From Kindergarten through college, teachers are an important part of our children's lives.

So let's give 'em their due. If you happen to be a teacher reading this, we personally offer our thanks, for the future of America is in your hands.

There is not a lot on the net written about Teacher's Day. But, every Ecard site has a selection of cards for you to send. Take a quick minute and send one along.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM
We are having a teacher appreciation week at my son's preschool this week. His teachers are great. :-)
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on May. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

well Preschool techers should be added not just k-college! my dd has the BEST preschool teacher and she has been aknowledged for being the best.The kids took gifts to their teachers yesterday to show apreciation for them

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I am bringing a big box of doughnuts to the office today for them :) My daughter has the best teachers :))

slw123
by Shawna on May. 7, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I certainly appreciate both of my kids teachers.

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I might get them something...

EbonySnow
by Desiree on May. 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM

good

mcginnisc
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My dd's K4 teacher got spoiled.. lol... we gave her a vase of tulips and a 3 lb bag of gummy bears yesterday for TA week and today is her birthday so I made her 2 dozen chocolate truffle cupcakes. ( all 3 of those are her faves.)

My older dd is in 1st grade and her teacher got her TA things today. We gave her a mug that dd decorated herself, a Starbuck's gift card and I made her 5 dozen 4 chocolate chunk cookies. She was thrilled. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mackiebugsmom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I didn't know that, I'm going to have to pick something up for dds teacher or have dd bake him something :)
MamaMandee
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Teachers rock!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I should have done something special. Wish I had known this yesterday!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)